It's terrifying :(

sugarchaletFebruary 20, 2008

I'm 42 yrs old, and I've been experiencing perimenopausal night sweats for 2 years. And now in the past 4 months I've had this very strange feeling in my head, and it's very scary. It comes on suddenly, and it's hard to describe. It feels like an all of a sudden "almost" dizzy feeling, it's not a light headed feeling, and it's not actually dizzy, it's just very weird. And everytime it happens it scares the bajeebers out of me, it's like "oh no, what's happening" feeling. I don't know if it's perimenopausal stuff or what. Has anyone experienced something like this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hunter_tx

There was a similar discussion here a few months back that I'll link for you. It seems to be fairly common.
Mrs H

Here is a link that might be useful: weird head feeling discussion

Bookmark   February 21, 2008 at 10:34AM
anna_in_quebec

I have that too - kinda like a phantom train rushing through your brain - woosh! I am 49, just entered menopause in December. It can be a scary feeling for sure.

Anna

Bookmark   February 21, 2008 at 11:09AM
KAREN WICKHAM

I have been having the same thing for a month now. It is so scarry. This week I had a brain CT, which turned out normal, all kinds of blood work all normal. This feeling is not fun.

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 4:17PM
gusta_of_4

I really feel for you because I have had this for two years now and nobody can tell me what it is! I posted on here last week asking for any help and especially using anything natural. It really is a hard thing to describe and yes it is terrifying. When mine started it actually went into vertigo so bad that I was hospitalized.They did cat scans,an MRI, blood work, etc..., and found nothing! I have been to just about every doctor out there, including a couple of natural doctors! Most think it is all in my head(LOL)others had no idea and one told me to live with it!! Of course that was a man!!!! Anyway I have done so much research on menopause and finally some women who have had dizziness. Still no one had a cure. I just happened to come upon this forum and was I ever happy.Still I haven't found a cure yet, but it is really nice to know that so many others have experienced this and that I am not crazy!!! The only thing that I can tell you is to keep checking in on this forum and maybe we will find something. I am going to check into the back issues of the forums and see what is there. I really believe in doing it the natural way, even though if there was a drug out there that could take this awful feeling away, I just might use it:)
Hang in there sugarchalet there has to be an answer!!

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 11:10PM
earthygal52

I also have this feeling, almost like I'm going to pass out, not only that , but also my heart starts palpitating, I can't believe how many women have these symptoms and no one can give an explanation, I start thinking i'm having a Heart Attack, but, then it subsides, what the heck is going on?

Bookmark   April 24, 2008 at 9:31PM
trose1

I also have strange sensations in my head. I sometimes think I am going to have a stroke. I can remember having these feeling when I was pregnant. I often thought that I may forget who I was, I just felt weird. After the birth of our son, I never felt this again until I had a complete hysterectomy at 39. I am now 45 and occasionally feel this weird sensations mostly at night.

Bookmark   May 26, 2008 at 10:40AM
wdaveo

I've had this sensation, too. I cannot describe it. It has only happened a couple of times over the past 6 months or so. I am 44 and I am sure I am perimenopausal. I had what I believe to be my first migraine ever last night, complete with vomiting. My periods are weird.

(Just got to this forum and am looking forward to reading more.)

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
Menopause without HRT
Is there anyone out there who does not take HRT? I...
susan
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Breast Tenderness
Hi Everyone, ANyone out there having continual breast...
tomato44
Sponsored Products
Terrence Collection 21 1/2" High Bronze Outdoor Wall Light
Euro Style Lighting
Fez II Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Kenya Rug 6' x 9' - CREAM/CHOCOLATE
$1,159.00 | Horchow
Hinkley Lighting Bolla Olde Bronze Incandescent Outdoor Wall Light
$159.00 | LuxeDecor
Dimplex Brookings Espresso Electric Fireplace Media Console - GDS25-E1055G
Hayneedle