Pleeeaaasssseeee help me!!!

potatoFebruary 9, 2002

I have been rejected by 17 specialty doctors in the last 3 years. I am not looking for another doc...they tell me nothing, give me stuff that makes me worse and take my money....what a waste of time ....I am here because I am having a difficult time with 2 symptoms...urinating alot, and tiredness. I have been checked for everything including diabetes, hypothyroid/hyperthyroid, and all was normal except that i am in perimeno according to all the docs....I am urinating alot at one sitting, so much that it drains me...I am 42...havent seen my cycle since october of 01...thats 4 months now...I feel extremely tired. I do take HRT (climara patch and natural progesterone cream) however it does not do anything for the 2 symptoms i am worried about...I feel like a prune, and i look like one now. I am 5'4 and 100 lbs...this is way too thin...I feel like i am hypoglycemic even though the docs say no...I am in tears and a feel so helpless...i am just completely fresh out of ideas and docs...they all tell me nothing and worse of all i am feeling awful..the psychiatrist gave me meds that made me sicker....I do eat well alot of healthy foods, i dont eat sugar, i dont drink or smoke...and i drink lots of water...i also take vitamins...what else is there?? I want to feel better...please help me..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
IMSmileyIM

Dear Potato,
I tried to email you but it wouldn't go through.
We have a number of things in common and I'd love to compare notes and maybe help each other find some answers.
I am 42, Diabetic, perimenopausal, with many other health issues. I watched Oprah the other day and found a new direction to go in my search for some answers to my concerns.
I had been hung up on thyroid because my hair is falling out and I have many other symptoms that fit that profile. Now I am pretty sure it is menopause and hormone therapy may help! Thank God!
Take care and God Bless! Becky ( " )

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 12:51AM
Daisy7

Go back to whoever prescribed the HRT's. Either that kind is not working for you, or the dosage is wrong.

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 7:33PM
BrianR

Hi Potato,

I was in the same boat as you 3 months ago (always urinating and feeling tired) I was sent for a scan that revealed that i had fibroids, these are tumours in the womb that are non-cancerous, I had to get a full hysterectomy to clear the problem up but the urinating problem and the tiredness has gone and i always feel full of energy, you should ask your doc about fibroids cos from what i can gather they are fairly common

Take Care

Irene

ps, i'm using my son Brian's login name

Bookmark   February 12, 2002 at 6:59PM
bulldinkie

One problem with the peeing problem is after hyterecyomy your bladder falls.Im constantly wetting myself. I was told when you go to tolet to pee. pee hold pee hold it keep stopping mid flow this builds it up . It does work, pain to be messing with as I dont go to toilet to excersise...If Im out somewhere cough,sneeze,laugh look out..If its not one problem its another.

Bookmark   February 26, 2002 at 12:34PM
cattknap

Having a hysterectomy does not cause your bladder to fall - having children or being overweight can cause your bladder to sag - but they often can correct that during a hystrectomy. I have had 4 children and a hysterectomy and have no bladder problems at all - everyone is different.

Bookmark   March 19, 2002 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
help me interpret the FSH numbers?
i just received my FSH results back (and though i realize...
llmoyer123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™