Provera

cindy036February 7, 2002

I would like to hear other's opinions and experience with Provera. Thanks for any feedback, Cindy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MarionR

I took Provera to fix a problem I had after I had my tubes tied. For years after my tubal ligation, I would have a period for 3 weeks, and none for 1 week. All doctors would dismiss it as my age. Anyways, a doctor put me on provera about 9 years ago and it regulated my periods almost immediately. The only complaint I have is that I gained at least 20 lbs. right away too. I was on vacation at the time I started taking provera and some of the weight gain was probably due to not watching anything I ate but I am sure that provera also contributed to some of it. Perhaps today provera is given in smaller dosages with the same results.

Bookmark   February 17, 2002 at 9:47PM
MarionR

I saw my doctor today and he explained that Provera gives you more of an appetite. He says that Provera itself does not cause one to gain weight. I have a prescription for Provera and am debating whether to take it or not. See my other post for my explanation.

Bookmark   February 19, 2002 at 2:11PM
cheerful1_gw

My doctor gave me a 10-day prescription for Provera, to help regulate me (she compared it to a D & C). My cycles are out of whack, my sonograms were normal. Am afraid of the side effects, especially the weight gain. I plan on taking them when my husband is on his business trip so I don't have to subject him to any potential side effects (LOL).

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
help me interpret the FSH numbers?
i just received my FSH results back (and though i realize...
llmoyer123
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
grule
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™