How do you keep the romance special?

ChantelFebruary 22, 2002

My husband and I have been through a lot together. We are best friends. But, he works long hours, we have pets, we have kids, we have obligations. But we also have each other to nurture and care about. We make it a point to spend alone time without distraction, go on a date, eat out just the 2 of us, share a steamy shower together.One thing I really love is he writes me just a simple but beautiful "I love you" note and leaves it on the sink or something for me. The last one I got was last week written on a paper plate! lol- too cute. Today he gave me $300.00 for "just me" money. Not for bills, not for kids, but just for me. The money is nice but the paperplate was priceless. I keep alot of his notes and cards in my sons special keepsake box so he can see the love in some memories when he grows up

How about you?

Chantel

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SheliaNC

We always say I love you several times a day, DH will call me from work several times a week just to see how my day is going, most everyday he sends me a card or note via email to let me know I am special, we go out to eat several times a week, we try to cuddle at least twice a week and we go on mini vacations together. Sometimes our life gets real hectic and when it does we just sit down and say to one another hey lets slow things down a bit.

Bookmark   February 24, 2002 at 11:34PM
LianneNJ

romance? what's that? when you love a man who thinks a wonderful b'day present is a big mag flashlight in the same color as your truck, well, i gave up tryin' some time ago LOL!!

Bookmark   February 28, 2002 at 2:13PM
Pesky

My husband and I give each other love notes every single day. We have been doing this for 5 years now. I keep all of them, which is begining to create a storage problem. LOL. He is tall and I am short so when we come to a curb or something he will say "height differential" and give me a great big hug cause when I stand on the curb I am almost as tall as he is. He makes me feel like the most loved woman in the world.
Pesky

Bookmark   March 1, 2002 at 8:26PM
Chantel

Lianne, that is too funny! I giggled at that post for a long time.
Chantel

Bookmark   March 4, 2002 at 11:29AM
More Discussions
Husband treats me like crap! How do i stop it?
My Husband and I have been married for almost 5 years....
tiredoffighting
Frustrated and lonely
Hi, I am really glad I found this forum, I can see...
forgottenhusband1
My marriage is falling apart, I don't know what to do
There is no short way to put this. I am going to include...
DistressedWife
hausband say bad words after he gives me gift!
hi, I appreciate any suggestions. We are married for...
happylife-2
Age Difference
I posted this on the Parents Forum but it was suggested...
silversword
Sponsored Products
Justice Design Group GLA-8864 - Pendants 3 Light Small Cluster Pendant - Square
$550.00 | Hayneedle
Spice Damask Lace Carrington Panel
$14.99 | zulily
Series 106 Bronze Outdoor Wall Mount
$360.00 | Bellacor
Correll EconoLine Flip Top Table - Melamine Top - 24x48 Half Round - FT2448MR-01
$211.89 | Hayneedle
Orange Easel Frame
$16.99 | zulily
Rain Peacock Blue Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$345.60 | Bellacor
Signature Grommet Black 50 x 120-Inch Blackout Curtain
$113.95 | Bellacor
Mr. Steam Music Therapy Speakers - MS
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™