Watermelon?

dcarch7August 16, 2013

Watermelon rind is discussed in another thread.

Besides pickling, and used in salads, watermelon rind is so delicious baked or saut�ed.

Sous vided pork chop on watermelon rind.

Then, you have watermelon radish, which is just radish that is watermelon red. Sous vided dry sea scallops on couscous and watermelon radish.

dcarch

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
party_music50

dcarch, your watermelon grid w/ purslane looks gorgeous! I'm curious how you prepared that watermelon -- and wondering whether you ate it or just made it to look pretty. :) Looks like it was torched or broiled to give it some caramelization.

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 9:54AM
Teresa_MN

That watermelon is the most creative presentation I've seen in a long time. I don't want to eat it - I just want to look at it! :-)

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 1:25PM
linnea56

Oh, yum! Thank you! I told my family that melon rinds could be used for cooking: they are eager to taste!

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 1:53PM
dcarch7

Posted by party_music50 âÂÂdcarch, your watermelon grid w/ purslane looks gorgeous! I'm curious how you prepared that watermelon -- and wondering whether you ate it or just made it to look pretty. :) Looks like it was torched or broiled to give it some caramelization.âÂÂ

Thanks Party Music. The watermelon rind can be cooked in a number of ways, roast, grill, stir fry, etc. In this case, it was sautéed on a cast iron skillet. Yes, it does look pretty, very dramatic on a plate, but I enjoy it because it is delicious.

Posted by teresa_mn âÂÂThat watermelon is the most creative presentation I've seen in a long time. I don't want to eat it - I just want to look at it! :-) âÂÂ

Thanks Teresa. I have to keep eating it because I bought 3 large watermelons when they were on sale last week at $3.99 each.

Posted by linnea56 âÂÂOh, yum! Thank you! I told my family that melon rinds could be used for cooking: they are eager to taste!âÂÂ

Thanks Linnea. I think you can find many recipes on the Internet for cooking with watermelon rind.

dcarch

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 9:47PM
jimster

As always, I am surprised and amazed at your artistry. All the elements come together in a way I never would have thought of, yet seems just right.

Jim

Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 8:55PM
dcarch7

Thanks Jim. You have been an inspiration with your vast knowledge of the vegetable world.

dcarch

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 7:15AM
More Discussions
Hi All! Cookingrvc here. Wow things look different.
Have been spending time on a Facebook group that is...
cookingrvc
Slightly shocket at Joy of Baking video
I started watching the Apple Pie video and right at...
wintercat_gw
Why can't they leave things alone?
I really don't have the time nor the energy to learn...
doucanoe
That Time Of Year Again :)
Hi everyone, It's been a long weekend (both good and...
moonwolf_gw
Fat Tuesday, and More
As it turned out, a guest didn't want to come to the...
dcarch7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™