dry, burning eyes with menopause?

stbonnerFebruary 25, 2008

Anybody else had this? I have been peri-menopausal for a while (forever, it seems). I've been on Seasonique BCPs for about 18 months, I started them because I was having frequent, heavy periods with migraines. Since I've been on the pills I haven't had a real period since. Twice I had very light spotting, never on my "off pill" week. I haven't even had spotting since about 8 months ago. Two weeks ago I came off of the BCPs, as my gyn thought I was truly menopausal now and no longer peri-menopausal. I'm now having lots of trouble with my eyes. I'm a contact user, so at first I thought I just needed to change my contacts, but that is not the problem. I'm having symptoms even when I wear my glasses instead of contacts. My eyes are really dry and burn, and the symptoms get worse as the day goes on.

Has anyone else been through this? Is there any hope that it will improve as my hormone levels adjust to being off the pill? I will be calling my eye doctor today but just wanted to hear from other women what their experience has been. BTW, I'm 49, will be 50 in a couple of months.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shotzy52

I tried to blame my severe dry eyes on menopause and the loss of estrogen, but my eye dr. just said he it happens in young women as well. It did go away after 6 months and hasnt come back. But I dont wear my contacts anymore either.

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 8:22PM
More Discussions
Breast Tenderness
Hi Everyone, ANyone out there having continual breast...
tomato44
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
garule
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
Natural supplements for menopause?
Hello I was wondering if there are any naturals to...
Leslie810
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™