Weak bladder

jennFebruary 2, 2005

Why does my bladder wake me up at night when the last time I had anything to drink was before noon, and it was only a tall glass of water?????!!!???? This nonsense is going to drive me insane. It seems to matter not how much or how little I drink, my bladder wakes me up during the night. The trouble is, it really isn't that full!!! And then it takes me 2-3 hours to get back to sleep. Waking up to go to work after a night like that is not a good way to start the day.

Has anyone else found a remedy for this that doesn't include medication?

Signed,

Sleepless in California

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1

I am thinking you might not be drinking enough... when urine becomes concentrated, it irritates that bladder, sending signals it is full... if you don't drink enough water, it will progress to a urinary tract infection... that is just my humble opinion.

Bookmark   February 7, 2005 at 8:08PM
jenn

You know, I've wondered the same thing! On the rare days when I drink a lot of water, I don't seem to have this problem (I haven't been keeping any records). That's usually on the weekend when I can sleep in and make up for loss of sleep, in case I can't sleep after drinking a lot that day.

Maybe I'll give that a try. What have I got to lose... except more sleep. :)

Jen

Bookmark   February 8, 2005 at 3:45PM
catherinet

Hi Jen,
I'm wondering........do you eat alot of salty stuff for dinner, and maybe more in the evening? If you do eat alot of salt, it probably lets loose about the middle of the night. I usually have to go to the bathroom about 12 times a day! I've noticed, though, that when I diet, and don't eat nearly as many carbs, I don't pee nearly as much.
So it might be what you're eating in the evening, as opposed to what you're drinking. It's amazing how much water food has in it.
P.S. When we lay down, we increase the return to our hearts, which increases the blood through our kidneys too....which fills our bladders up.....but there's not much you can do about that.

Bookmark   February 9, 2005 at 8:21PM
jenn

Hi Catherine,

I don't ever salt my food so I tend to dislike salty foods (except chips, nuts and that type of snack).

The thing is, What I'm doing now is no different than what I did before... if anything it is actually healthier. This problem has started in the past year or two.

Thank you for your comments though, I will keep a closer eye on those possibilities.

Jen

Bookmark   February 10, 2005 at 3:12PM
hannah

I drink water all day & night...my 'power surges' wake me all through the night anyway, so having to get up to hit the 'batroom' has become a routine for me.
I guess I should stop drinking water each time I DO get up to use the bathroom...LOL...but the hot flashes make me so darned thirsty!
In the morning, I know that I'm gonna hafta sprint to the 'facilities'...must be a gravity thing ΓΆΒΊ...I cross my fingers that I'll 'make it'! Heehee!

Bookmark   February 13, 2005 at 8:41AM
More Discussions
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
Aches and Pains- premenopausal
I'm 44 and premenopausal grandma of 3,soon to be 4........
glammato4
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
Sponsored Products
Chroman Empire Mini Pendant by Alternating Current
$109.00 | Lumens
Authentic Models Aquarama
Classic Hostess
Vintage Wine Carrier Set
$8.99 | zulily
Giant Personalized Beach Ball
$89.50 | FRONTGATE
Cowboys Wooden Box
| Dot & Bo