biest and progesterone

celeste_2007January 18, 2007

I just started taking Biest in the form of a pill which is made from a compound pharmacy. Also taking progesterone pill for 10 days out of the month. Is anyone else taking this form of hormone, and is this a natural or synthetic form?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hunter_tx

Sorry, I've never heard of it, but plan to google it and see what I can find out. Is it a form of hormone replacement or something?
Mrs H

Bookmark   January 19, 2007 at 12:27PM
hunter_tx

From what I read, it sounds like a bio-identical hormone combination of Estriol and Estradiol in close proportions to what your body produces naturally. As for the progesterone pill, I believe that is probably synthetic unless a new one has been developed in the past couple of years. I use progesterone cream which is supposed to be identical to that produced in the body. Did your gynecologist recommend them?
Mrs H

Bookmark   January 19, 2007 at 12:36PM
carla17

Celeste and Mrs. H, here you go
Biest is a combination of two estrogens: estriol and estradiol. It is most commonly found in a ratio of 80:20, estriol to estradiol. This combination might allow for all of the protection of estriol, while potentially providing the cardiovascular and osteoporosis benefits and vasomotor symptom relief of estradiol.

Carla

Bookmark   February 18, 2007 at 6:35PM
More Discussions
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™