Where Did You Honeymoon?

SheliaNCFebruary 8, 2002

We honeymooned in Cherokee, NC and Gatlinburg, TN.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Coosie

We went to Mackinaw City and Island in Michigan. We go there every year also on our anniversary. We love it up there!

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 11:49AM
Kristie_WI

We took a cruise to Grand Cayman Islands - and Cozumel Mexico. It was wonderful - I can't wait until we take another cruise.

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 12:15PM
Jamie_LA

Hot Springs, Arkansas--stayed at Lake Catherine State Park--was beautiful! If I'd have only known back then, coulda had Flamingo and Mr. Flamingo meet us there--lolol.
Sheila, Gatlinburg is our all time favorite place in the whole world! We could easily pack up today and move there. I've been 4 times, and hear it calling me back!

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 12:31PM
ruthanna_gw

We got married in Las Vegas so we stayed an extra 2 days after our wedding.

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 12:33PM
Mausie

We went to New Orleans and stayed in the French Quarter. What a blast!! Now we're going back in March for my Dad's wedding!

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 1:50PM
teresava

Aruba-Bon Bini! It was fabulous!! Once we got used to the wind it was paradise!! Would love to go back!

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 5:00PM
Linda352

Cape Cod for a long weekend when we were first married (DH couldn't get time off from work) but three mos. later we went to Bermuda for a week. Would love to go back....

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 7:32PM
KrissyS

We went on a cruise of the southern carribbean :)

Bookmark   February 9, 2002 at 1:44AM
des_arc_ya_ya

Stayed in a local motel. Got up the next morning and went home to TWO teenage daughters! (ages 15 and 13). Be scared, be vwery, vwery scared! LOL

Did go to the Bahamas two years ago and going back this year! Just let those Bahamians try to push this chubby, white skinned person back into the water...LOL

Bookmark   February 9, 2002 at 2:40AM
AnnD

Ruthann, we got married in Las Vegas, too! On the anniversary of Kennedy's Assassination. Perhaps an omen? LOL! (see my post re First Gift).
--ann in NH
"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me..."

Bookmark   February 9, 2002 at 1:43PM
RosieL

We were hell bent never to live in an apartment. We bought our home AS we were married. Had little left for fun. We live in MI and so we drove to Toronto. Camped out one night to find that the tent we borrowed wasn't rain proof (actually such a wonderful memory) and we proceeded to Niagra Falls. We have progressed though the years from our humble beginnings to own our own business and being quite stable. Who'd of thunk it!!!

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 3:42PM
Angela_in_WI

Las Vegas!!! It was so much fun! We stayed at the Luxor (looks like an Egyptian pyramid).

Bookmark   February 11, 2002 at 4:47PM
bill_h

macinac city and st.ignace mi.

Bookmark   February 11, 2002 at 8:59PM
cheryl_down_under

Flew down to Tasmania, hired a car and travelled around for two weeks. Absolutely loved the place and would love to return there one of these days!

Bookmark   February 12, 2002 at 6:12AM
Jamie_MS

We went to Heber Springs, Ark. to the Red Apple Inn. We stayed there because they have a beautiful golf course right there at the inn.

Bookmark   February 12, 2002 at 9:08AM
LianneNJ

we put a do not disturb sign on our front door for the weekend

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 2:34PM
Michelle_S

We got married on St. John in the US Virgin Islands and then stayed an extra week after the families left. What a gorgeous place!!!

Bookmark   February 14, 2002 at 3:53AM
mary_md7

Sonoma and Napa Valleys of California.

Bookmark   February 21, 2002 at 4:35PM
waddles28

Cruise to the Bahamas would go again. Yeah with him too.

Bookmark   February 25, 2002 at 12:35PM
craftyrn

We went to Orillia , Ontario with the CANUS Games & then stayed after all the bus loads of kids went home & just drove around Ontario for 5 days.

Diane

Bookmark   February 25, 2002 at 10:26PM
gabby

No where exotic but it was pretty, we went to San Antonio, Texas. Ya Ya , can Lurch and I come with y'all?

Mausie are you going to be in New Orleans this month??

Bookmark   March 4, 2002 at 1:03AM
Chantel

North Shore, Ohau Hawaii. Got married at by a beautiful water fall and rented a house for a week. Very nice.

All of your's sound good! Even the do not disturb sign on the door - lol

Chantel

Bookmark   March 4, 2002 at 11:31AM
phyllis_philodendron

Southern Germany and Northern Holland for two weeks. I wanna go back!

Bookmark   March 8, 2002 at 9:57PM
RubyinParadise

We married in July, and went to England (where he's from) in September for his daughter's wedding and then we stayed on for 2 weeks. We, also, went to Ireland for 4 days to visit my mother in law for about 5 days.

Ruby

Bookmark   April 27, 2002 at 12:52AM
vicki_Indiana

OMGosh... Heck, I am "not" even going to tell you guys where we went on our honeymoon.... YOU will "ALL" laugh at me.. lol..

We were young... we were stupid... we were dorky... and we were broke and both still in college... so, please don't ask me.. lol.lol.lol... hahahaha!!!

Bookmark   April 27, 2002 at 2:58PM
vicki_Indiana

Okay..ALRIGHT... you win... LOL... I guess you could all use a laugh every now and then huh?

WE went to KINGS Island .. in Ohio... eeeek... ha.ha.. Oh, the best honeymoon a girl can ask for... lol.. but, we have since then, made it up several times... lol.. so, it's okay to laugh now... I did the night we went.. :-)))

Bookmark   April 27, 2002 at 3:01PM
eileen_launonen

We ent on Royal Carribeans Monarch of the Sea to 5 or 6 Carribbean Islands it was Fantastic we had the room with the sliding doors and outside balcony (which I might add got lots of use LOL)

Bookmark   June 6, 2002 at 10:24PM
jewels_ks

We got married in October, but didn't take our honeymoon until Christmas time...to the Bahamas. Freezing cold in Ks, warm sunshine in the Bahamas...ahhhhhhhh

Bookmark   June 7, 2002 at 1:32AM
Meghane

We went to the Bahamas too. Got hooked on scuba diving while there. Also got very sick from drinking the water (we thought we were in a civilized country LOL). The only picture of the two of us together on our honeymoon is the one my MIL shot of us arriving at the airport gate. We were both extremely pale, tired, weak, and a just a bit green from being so sick. Oh well. We had a lot of fun before we got sick and the storm hit.

Bookmark   June 7, 2002 at 12:56PM
Kevin_S

Black Water Falls, WV. In april.....It snowed......it was wonderful. 22 years ago. West by God Virginia will always hold a special place in my heart.......

Bookmark   June 10, 2002 at 8:31PM
sunshinemom

We went to Hawaii, visited three islands. Just went back last March for our 25th anniversary. What a beautiful place.

Bookmark   June 11, 2002 at 4:49PM
deemarie5500

We cruised for a week from NYC to Bermuda before the wedding. Very romantic.

Right after the wedding, we travelled cross-country (NYC-WestCoast) with another couple in a mini-van and did really tacky things. Graceland, Krispy Kremes, Grand canyon, Las Vegas (The Mirage), North Hollywood, San francisco, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Salt Lake City, Cleveland (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame). It was 3 weeks of laughs, laughs, laughs!

Two months later, just the 2 of us flew down to Orlando and spent a week in a golf villa. Again, very romantic.

2000 was truly a wonderful year!!!!

Bookmark   June 14, 2002 at 12:50PM
woodny

Disneyland, CA

Bookmark   June 19, 2002 at 12:19PM
cecilia_md7a

Niagra Falls! We figured that if it was good enough for his parents, it was good enough for us!

Actually, his parent's "honeymoon" was a belated one taken when Dave was 18 months old. Dave swears that he can remember some of it!

My parents never had a honeymoon, but they travel all over the country now.

Bookmark   August 2, 2002 at 9:01AM
Linda_in_CA

Mendocino, CA and the coast around there. Just two nights. I had a 15 year old at home with my elderly mom and aunt babysitting. The next year we took a one week Royal Caribbean cruise from Los Angeles to Mexico. The following year we got a divorce.

Bookmark   November 4, 2002 at 1:09AM
BombShelle

We spent a week in Jamaica, at the Sandals Dunns River couples only resort. It was heavenly.

Bookmark   January 27, 2003 at 12:07AM
whitfulone

We had one night in Altus, OK. Okay, don't get excited everyone. My DH had one night off and we drove Vernon, TX and married and spent the night in a roach infested apartment in Altus, OK. Ain't life grand? He's been a keeper for 20 years and it's one of our funniest memories.

Bookmark   January 29, 2003 at 10:43AM
keli_or

We spent a week at the Almond Beach Resort in Barbados.

The most relaxing and incredible week of my life.

BTW we stayed at the "adult" resort, not the "family" one down the road, although we went to the other one for dinner one evening.

Keli

Bookmark   January 29, 2003 at 7:40PM
Janis_G

We will be married 33 years this Nov.24th.
We went Island Hopping in the Caribbean for 2 weeks.
Had a private airplane and when we got tired of an island we headed out for a new destination.
Great fun.

Janis

Bookmark   January 29, 2003 at 9:33PM
ubertulip

Maui, stayed in the upcountry and went all over the place! Fabulous. Many happy memories!

Bookmark   January 30, 2003 at 5:57PM
kittiemom

A couple of days in Charleston, SC, then a short cruise to Cozumel & four days at Disney World.

Bookmark   February 2, 2003 at 11:38PM
BeckyJo_OH

We went to the Poconos. It was soooo wonderful!! :D

Bookmark   February 7, 2003 at 2:45PM
stephmc72

We went to Maui for 11 days...it was wonderful!

Bookmark   February 10, 2003 at 12:44PM
bearcat_va

St John's, in the Virgin Islands....hot as heck and we should have stayed somewhere air conditioned!

Bookmark   February 21, 2003 at 9:48AM
Jerri

Whitfulone--what a hoot! I'm about 45 miles from both of those towns, and know it's pretty slim pickin's in the romance department (not even a good restaurant!) I'm guessing you were military?

We had no honeymoon. We ran into town in jeans to the preachers house, through the drive-up window of DairyQueen for a lemonaide and right home to 5 littleones with the chickenpox (my two, his three.) Next morning, started stripping about 2000 acres of cotton.....

Took nearly 20 years before we were alone and traveled a bit. Oh well, I'd rather have a good marriage than a good wedding/honeymoon.
j

Bookmark   February 25, 2003 at 9:12AM
More Discussions
hausband say bad words after he gives me gift!
hi, I appreciate any suggestions. We are married for...
happylife-2
Age Difference
I posted this on the Parents Forum but it was suggested...
silversword
husband doesn't want sex.Can I hear from the men???
We are in our 40's.Both of us in good shape.We are...
cheesecurlgurl
Wife cheated Entire Marriage, do I stay? - Help
I found out after 4 years dating and 10 years of marriage...
whazzup44444444
Viagara - Sorry long
Here's my issue a few months back my hubby (45) had...
turkeytrott
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™