First Gift Your Spouse Bought You?

SheliaNCFebruary 8, 2002

The first gift my DH ever bought me was a jewelry box.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Coosie

The first gift my DH bought me when we were dating was a heart shaped gold charm that said I Love You. :-)

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 11:48AM
Kristie_WI

First gift, well - I got flowers (dozen roses on our first date) - won me over with that one.

He was an over the road truck driver at the time and I remember him bringing me an alligator head from some alligator park somewhere. Needless to say it was gross, but I took it. somehow it ended up in the garbage on a cleaning day and I haven't brought it up since! LOL

I think the first piece of jewerly I got about 4 months after we started dating at Christmas time, a sterling silver Bracelet from Tiffanys!

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 12:18PM
ruthanna_gw

On one of our first dates, a local senior citizen center had a day of demonstrating crafts that were becoming obsolete, like paper cutting and Swedish embroidery. There was a gentleman doing woodburning with a small alcohol lamp and he had some items for sale. I saw a heart-shaped wooden pin with a burned design background and painted with a yellow daffodil. My date (later to be DH) bought it for me and I still wear it often and he always notices when I do.

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 12:27PM
Linda352

In addition to the many bouquets of flowers he gave me a beautiful gold charm bracelet....

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 7:37PM
KrissyS

Flowers on our first date and then later that same day a bread tie, shaped into a ring, we were feeding the ducks and DH proposed, mind you this was on our first real date :) We didn't get married for three more years but hey, it was still pretty romantic, I got another proposal later on that was a bit more proper but truthfully the first one was of course the best. :)

Bookmark   February 9, 2002 at 1:43AM
des_arc_ya_ya

A pearl and amethyist (sp. wrong, it's LATE!) ring. We referred to it as my "Interim" ring. I wore it between my first marriage and us tying the knot! Wore it for YEARS, meant as much or more to me than my wedding band and then lost it a few years ago. We both were just SICK!

The first "gift" he gave me after we were married was two weeks after: I left town for a meeting and he called and said, "Uh, sweetheart, my DD (age 13) has moved in with us." LOL I told him that he knew that was fine with me, but we were NOT gonna find a kid to move in EVERYTIME I left town! LOL

Bookmark   February 9, 2002 at 2:36AM
AnnD

First gift? A bottle of perfume. I was impressed because he wasn't the type to hang out at a perfume counter. I asked him how he came to pick out that particular fragrance ("It made me think of you", etc.) Should have left well enough alone. Turns out it was the same brand his ex wore.
We're no longer together.
--ann in NH
"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me..."

Bookmark   February 9, 2002 at 1:41PM
RosieL

A little figure of a little red devil with a sprig of red hair that said "I'm a Honry little devil"!!! Still sits on my lingerie chest - 30 years later (although the hair is getting thinner)!! One of my dearest treasures!

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 3:47PM
LianneNJ

a steven king novel...i've since forgotten the title (it wasn't one of his best)

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 2:42PM
dances_in_garden

My prom corsage ROFL.

Bookmark   February 15, 2002 at 10:30AM
ChrisAK

Not really considered a gift as much as I thought it was an emergency loan, but it was for the most important thing in my life at the time.

He paid my airfare, plus my dogs fare back to the remote site we were at when I had divorced my 1st. My dog was being neglected by the people he was left with.

The first official gift came in 2 parts. My birthday is 27 December. He purchased a very nice pearl earring/necklace set (to go with my Christmas dress), then a trip to Hawaii for my birthday. We were only 3 months into our friendship.

Bookmark   February 25, 2002 at 4:00PM
craftyrn

A crazy little decal for my car window that said "love a nurse prn".

Diane

Bookmark   February 25, 2002 at 10:29PM
Brooklyn_Girl

A phillips screw driver so I could tighten the car antenna when it got loose and he wasn't around. I really knew he cared when he brought over his vacuum when mine was broken. How romantic. I knew then he would make a good husband over the years...practical and thoughtful.

Bookmark   March 14, 2002 at 2:47PM
lpolk

a tire!
We weren't even dating yet, but I count this, because it was obviously a sign of things to come. We worked at the same place, and I was just making ends meet, driving a beat up car with bad tires. One day at work one of my tires just went flat. He noticed it, went out, bought a new tire, and changed it right there in the parking lot in the snow!!, then told me afterwards I didn't have to worry about my tire... what a man! :) 6 mos. later we were living together.

Bookmark   March 14, 2002 at 4:15PM
eileen_launonen

The day after our first dinner date the Florist delivered 2 dozen long stem red roses with a card that told me he couldnt stop thinkig of me and that last night was the best night of his life!!

Bookmark   June 6, 2002 at 10:34PM
jewels_ks

The first one I can think of was a tennis braclet. Very sweet and nice gift. Jewels

Bookmark   June 7, 2002 at 1:29AM
deemarie5500

He showed up for the first date with a single coral rose. We chose those flowers for our wedding 7 years later :-)

Bookmark   June 13, 2002 at 1:07PM
Meghane

A trip to Williamsburg where he proposed. It was for my HS graduation. There were other things in the same present- a little stuffed penguin wearing a grad hat, a CD I think, but that was the main thing. The best gift was and still is my Husky, Aleksander, which he gave me 6 years ago for my birthday. Another great gift was a combo Yule/anniversary/birthday 2 weeks in Hawaii for scuba diving and hiking and that kind of thing. We promised someday we'd live on the Big Island.

Bookmark   July 9, 2002 at 6:16PM
kimhaas

SHOES!!! No, seriously, we were out and stopped at the mall. We had just started dating, and just kindof hanging our. I HAD to go into the shoe store and found a few pair. I went to pay, but he pulled out his money first and insisted. Should have known then that he was a keeper.

Bookmark   July 23, 2002 at 8:54PM
thatgirl

My cat was missing and he bought me a big Garfield pillow. We'd only been together a few weeks.

Bookmark   September 11, 2002 at 11:18AM
lulie___wayne

Good question. I'll have to ask him because I don't remember. :((
LU

Bookmark   November 12, 2002 at 12:27AM
goodtastenomoney

Rubberbands- I had mentioned to him that my shih tzu Sophie could amuse herself for hours with a rubber band. I was touched that he brought something for my dog on our first date!

Bookmark   December 9, 2002 at 8:15AM
nanieflower

3 months after we started dating I got a pearl promise ring for my birthday, 3months after that an engagement ring. Kind of hard to keep up with that but he tries:)

Bookmark   January 27, 2003 at 11:57AM
simply_shelia

a gold cross necklace with little diamonds for christmas a mth after our first date.His aunt didn't want him to get it for me she was afraid I would break his heart.By the time we married 5 mths later she told someone she wished her son had met me first.HA!That was 7 yrs and 2 kids later.The gifts are a little more practical these days.

Bookmark   April 8, 2003 at 11:12AM
Pashan

A couple of weeks after we met we had plans for a Saturday evening out and my daughter ended up in the emergency room. I had to call and cancel our date but when we got home he stopped over with flowers for me (the stressed out mom) and balloons for my 2 year old!

A month later for Christmas he gave me the Journey CD box set (awesome gift for me!!) and a gold necklace which I still have NEVER taken off!

P

Bookmark   April 10, 2003 at 12:47PM
More Discussions
Frustrated and lonely
Hi, I am really glad I found this forum, I can see...
forgottenhusband1
Fight every time I have work/interview
What is the psychology behind this? We have both been...
theturtlelady
Husband treats me like crap! How do i stop it?
My Husband and I have been married for almost 5 years....
tiredoffighting
Age Difference
I posted this on the Parents Forum but it was suggested...
silversword
Viagara - Sorry long
Here's my issue a few months back my hubby (45) had...
turkeytrott
Sponsored Products
Upton Home Paris Storage Drum Set
Overstock.com
Nickel Table Lamps: Sonoma 34.75 in. Antique Nickel Incandescent Table Lamp 7835
Home Depot
Designers Fountain 82938 Tackwood 2 Light Island - 82938-BNB
$206.60 | Hayneedle
Classique Fireplace Mantel
Signature Hardware
Menlo Park 42 1/2" Wide Iron and Brass Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Blair Ruffled Edge 5" x 7" Frame - INDIGO
$1,495.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™