Fosamax

njteaJanuary 22, 2006

I'm way past menopause so I don't know if you'll allow me to visit with you good ladies or not, but I do have a question.

I've taken Fosamax for several years now. Recently, my prescription plan doubled the cost of non-generic drugs, of which Fosamax is one. (Generic drugs increased by 50%.)

I've started taking the Fosamax every other week instead of weekly. Has anyone else done this long term and can you provide any evidence that it still works?

TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna37

Wish I could answer your question but have no idea. I, too, am way past menopause but on no prescription drugs of any kind. Just vitamins and progesterone cream.

Know lots of people don't agree with me, but I feel that physicians prescribe way too many drugs for patients. Pharmaceutical reps really push the 'current drug of choice' and docs go along with them and take their word for everything. Think of all the drugs that have been recalled in the past few years.

This is coming from a RN who has seen too many drugs prescribed for patients without really trying to find out their problems, then prescribe more for the side effects from the first ones, a never ending cycle.
Donna

Bookmark   May 1, 2006 at 3:07PM
More Discussions
Natural supplements for menopause?
Hello I was wondering if there are any naturals to...
Leslie810
Menopause without HRT
Is there anyone out there who does not take HRT? I...
susan
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™