hot all night long

rfordham811January 6, 2009

hello there. i am trying to get a sense of whether my symptoms could be perimenopausal. a month ago one night, i suddenly began getting significantly overheated at night, first while i slept, and then also toward evening time. this started after a significantly stressful event (6 weeks) of a diagnosis of IBS, where i experienced high levels of anxiety and subsequently went on anti-depressants (paxil). i am 41 years old, and my periods are as regular as they have ever been. i can not describe these episodes as 'hot flashes' because they are not flashes - they last all night long. i am not running a fever, either by mouth or skin temperature. when i am hot there is flushing of my skin, but i am not bright red. my throid tested normal, as did a test for TB. i am not soaking the sheets, only slight 'contact' sweating (like where my legs touch together). at night, my hands get so hot they are burning. if i get out of bed, i cool down, but as soon as i lie down again, i feel like a radiator. and here's the crazy thing - if i sleep in past sunrise, i am suddenly able to sleep and tolerate the bedcovers, even feeling warm and cozy or having a chill or two. i have no other symptoms, and tests since my IBS diagnosis have been normal (colonoscopy, red/white blood cell count, abdominal ultrasound, parasites, thyroid). Could this be perimenopause?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
twolips

rfordham,
I just finished treatment for Breast Cancer and they checked my menopause status with just blood work. Ask your gyno or family doctor about that.
What is IBS? Irritable Bowel Synd.
Lori

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 8:43AM
cube1067

I also experience nights where my whole body is hot...so much so that I shed my pajamas. I always sleep with the windows cracked open for cool air. Usually I need PJs to feel warm, but on those hot nights, I sleep comfortably without PJs. Just had a hot night two nights ago. Felt like I was burning up, head to toe. I also had a heavy night sweat night this week. Definitely peri-menopause. Don't panic.

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 11:27AM
dena_eft

It's all part of the CHANGE. My GYN said that during Menopause you get "all kinds" of heat issues, not just hot flash'es. :) Arum

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 6:01AM
More Discussions
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
grule
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™