floor seams in mobile home

forboystooDecember 12, 2009

I have a one year old double-wide mobile home and can really feel the seam under the carpet..It's been that way since I got it installed ....I've complained to the salesman but it appears I'll have to go above his head....

Just want to check with other owners to see if I'm being unrealistic in not wanting to feel the seam where they joined the home together...Does anyone else feel theirs ????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pris

I don't know how long you have to get this sort of complaint fixed. Usually there is a time limit for them to come back and take care of set up problems. Have you been complaining all along and do you have documentation to that effect? If so, I would make them honor those terms.

Now, as to the problem if it's too late to get them to fix it. I'm guessing what they would do is pull up the carpet in that area and take a belt sander to the high side of the plywood subfloor to level it off and relay the carpet. This might be something you could do or you could pull the carpet up, do the sanding and call a carpet layer in to re-install the carpet.

Bookmark   December 13, 2009 at 10:19AM
More Discussions
Just bought double wide office trailer
Greetings All, I just bought a doublewide office trailer...
RobGT90
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
twosonsmama
Going from composition shingle to a metal roof
I have a 1995 Silhouette 28x80 (76 actual) mobile home....
pmiker
Are the smaller single wides cheaper than larger?
I would like to eventually get a PINE GROVE single...
poaky1
Super scared! Modular vs manufactured? Bad reviews?
We are searching for land in Ruidoso, city lot, small...
nurseypoo5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™