Value of an older trailer ???

craftycNovember 10, 2008

Is there a "blue book" (like for vehicles) for figuring out the approximate value of an older trailer? We have to "buy out" 2/3 of my mother-in-law's trailer and would like to get an idea of what it might be worth.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
countryboymo

There is one at www.nada.com and it is helpful and accurate but there is one hitch to the whole thing. The actual value is accurate but at least in this area there are many repo's/foreclosures available. It was this way 2+yrs ago when I sold my 91 16x80 and I am afraid it is worse now. My home was valued at 21,300.00 and I ended up having to settle for 14500.00. The market was and probably still is so saturated with 3-5yr old foreclosure homes that someone with enough money to afford my 21k home built in 1991 could step up a few thousand dollars and get a 3-5yr old home.

With your situation and the home being older the NADA value will either be closer to what you could sell it for outright or it will be a further stretch. I would get the NADA information and go search the paper and some dealers and see if and how much the NADA is off target.

You will have to pay for the NADA valuation but it is worthwhile.

Here is a link that might be useful: NADA Manufactured Home Values

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 4:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GammyT

craftyc, something you didnt say. Is the trailer on its own land or in a park with lot rent?

If land is involved you should also check the average price of land in the area in making your decision.

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 8:15PM
More Discussions
Looking for advice, might be buying manufactured/modular
Hi! My husband and I will be looking at this house...
Turner58800
Do You Love Your Mobile Home?
Hi there. I have read the posts on this forum with...
frenchkitty
Considering an older (1972) mobile home - what do I need to know?
Hi all, I'm just beginning to look for a nice little...
cmayomh
What is the Cadillac of MH manfs.?
What brands are top of the line in mobile homes. We...
goldenbuckeye
Where to get Homeowners Insurance??
We are in the process of purchasing a vacation property...
marksteph
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™