Wood Stove

dodgentNovember 1, 2009

I live in a 1100 sqft Fuqua Home, I have always liked heating in the past with a Woodstove and plan on installing one in this home, it is sitting on a 9' basement.

I have read a lot about not installing certain wood stoves in Manufactured Homes and I am guessing the reason is the Combustion Air problem, some stoves come with kits for fresh air to the outside of the home.

My question is why cant I install a Vogelzang Mountaineer Woodstove that I have in my home? I planned on putting a duct from the outside of my home to a vent next to or behind the Woodstove for fresh air. Wont this be ok?

I am going to have the stove sitting on a fireproof base, the stove has a heat sheild on the rear of it and I am going to install concrete board on the wall with 1" spacing behind it.

Does anyone see a problem with this installation??

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christopherh

Before you do ANYTHING, make sure any stove you purchase is rated and CERTIFIED for use in manufactured homes!

There are many manufacturers that have such stoves but I don't know if the ones I see in the Northern Tool catalog are correct. That very brand is in that catalog.

There are many reputable brands out there that are indeed certified for the use you're looking at. Don't just shop price, shop value and correct application. It could save your life.

Bookmark   November 3, 2009 at 8:21AM
More Discussions
Marlett 1997
I have a Marlett as a rental in Idaho. I haven't had...
cocolallakids
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
twosonsmama
looking for company that builds modern mobile home for 100$ per sq/ft
would like to build a modern mobile home, around 1300...
golfgo
Four Seasons Manfacturered Housing
I am looking for information on Four Seasons Manufacturered...
Linda928
Considering an older (1972) mobile home - what do I need to know?
Hi all, I'm just beginning to look for a nice little...
cmayomh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™