Flooring

Paul8025October 13, 2013

I am thinking of putting a laminate floor in my DW. I have a hump where the two sections of trailers meet. Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cathyyg

Please explain what you mean by a hump. There shouldn't be one. My first thought is that maybe the place needs to be leveled.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 3:49PM
FLFam95

We purchased a 2000 MH and had the same "problem" in the living dining area where both side join. I wouldn't actually call it a hump but it was sort of uneven. We decided to lay down an extra layer of 1/4" press board before installing the laminate flooring itself. We mainly did it to lessen the mobile home type of feeling when walking around but it did take care of the uneven flooring as well....for now.

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 12:44PM
sunnie62

I have a sunroom with the 3 track plastic windows in an aluminum frame. The plastic is dry rotting because of the sun. There are 3 windows in the back of the sunroom which is about 12' wide. I am thinking of having them taken out and installing a sliding glass door. Do you think that would be wise or am I wasting my money? Also, would the door be too heavy for the frame?

Bookmark   March 23, 2014 at 6:19PM
More Discussions
Super scared! Modular vs manufactured? Bad reviews?
We are searching for land in Ruidoso, city lot, small...
nurseypoo5
Heat Pumps
Is your New manufactured home Energy Star certified...
PVHIII
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
twosonsmama
Where to get Homeowners Insurance??
We are in the process of purchasing a vacation property...
marksteph
Should I buy this single wide?
I have an opportunity to buy a 2001 Clayton single-wide...
andy2014
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™