Husband: Midlife crisis

goodhome631January 7, 2011

My DH is just over 40 and according to him, experiencing a midlife crisis.

Also, now that his job has become slightly less stressful, he wants sex ALL THE TIME. We have two little kids (5 and 2). I value my sleep. I value my "me" time.

Not only does he want sex at least 1x day (sometimes more), he needs to have foreplay and cuddling after!

I'm somewhat more of a "male" type - I like to have sex, turn over, and then go to sleep. I'm also not necessarily interested in long bouts of foreplay prior to sex.

My husband's demands for my attention rival those of my children. I'm ok with sex 1x day, but sometimes, I just want to watch TV or read a book, and he has a hard time understanding that. Help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tracystoke

why does he think hes had a midlife crisis.has your husband had an affair,

Bookmark   January 7, 2011 at 6:35PM
LuAnn_in_PA

Okay, so he wants sex more often now that he is not stressed. I get that.

Where's the midlife crisis?
Like tracystoke asked... is he having an affair?

Bookmark   January 11, 2011 at 6:52PM
azzalea

Look, I know this may not be what you want to hear, but I'm a lot older than you and my advice is to absolutely go along with his wishes.

Why?

If your husband is 40, I presume you're in the same neck of the woods? In a few years or so, your hormones are going to go crazy. And you know what happens? Women in their mid to late 40's get really, really hungry for sex. I mean to the point of being desparate at times. Doing what he wants now, is money in the bank for when you need him. I have to tell you, my husband enjoyed my journey through menopause--generally 3-5 times a day, every day! It is nature's cruel joke that our peak sexual times rarely align, but still, you'll appreciate his attention in a few years, so I'd show him some now.

Bookmark   January 21, 2011 at 7:43PM
amyfiddler

Do you feel close to your husband? Is it possible that he is wanting more closeness, and so he is searching for it via sex? My guess is that your sexual behaviors are reflected in your relationship at large, in that intimacy on any level is a chore. Maybe he recognizes that life is short, and that he wants to have a better relationship with you for his second half of life. You might ask him about that, and find out if there are other ways to build closeness that might fit better for you and at the same time meet his needs.

It is a wise woman who will 'listen' to her husband's heart.

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 2:20AM
More Discussions
Cheating Husband
I met my husband 23 years ago. We married 1.5 years...
The-Good-Wife
My wife says she loves me but should I believe her?
Hi. I know my situation might seem odd but here goes......
couldusesomeadvice
I don't think my husband likes me anymore
When we first started dating he always wanted to be...
fizzyfroglegs
My husband became cold, apathetic, after we came back from vacati
Me and my husband have been together for 13 years,...
karine81
Wife cheated Entire Marriage, do I stay? - Help
I found out after 4 years dating and 10 years of marriage...
whazzup44444444
Sponsored Products
LEM Piston Stool - Leather Seat
Design Within Reach
6 Lights Crisis-crossing Candelabra Chandelier
ParrotUncle
Astoria Floor Lamp by Stonegate Designs
$790.00 | Lumens
Sapphire Right Chaise Sectional - Blue
Zuri Furniture
Gift Boxed Stemmed Heart Flutes
Classic Hostess