Advice needed for a Pass Through LR to Closet

Zippity-do-dahDecember 15, 2012

Our new laundry room will have a pass through to my closet. Dirty laundry will just be pushed through to laundry side and clean laundry pushed right back to my closet. Grins!

Advice is requested. The size of (current) pass through is the size of a doorway. The laundry room side will have a counter crossing right over the door sized pass through.

GC recommended a bottom opening so we can just push the baskets back & forth with our foot. I'm partial to having it counter top height to limit bending over. There will be some kind of door to prevent excess humidity from the closet. A clothes rod going through the pass through was also recommended but it would interfere with the door.

Any ideas? Anybody have a pass through already? I'd love any recommendations please!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fahrenheit_451

Will your washer and dryer be atop pedestals? If so, then perhaps a pedestal height shelf below a counter might be another solution? This would free the counter space and somewhat reduce stooping.

Consider installing a bathroom fan in the laundry space with a timer wall switch to alleviate the need for a door between the closet to address humidity. When running, your dryer also acts as an exhaust fan additionally aiding in humidity removal.

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 11:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Zippity-do-dah

Hi Fahrenheit -

I will check right away for bathroom fan in laundry with our GC. Very GOOD point!

Washer & Dryer will not be up on pedestals...but your idea is a good one.

Thank you!

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™