Removing wall strips

kjakabAugust 10, 2007

I want to remove the strips between the sheetrock panels in my DW and fill them in so that I can paint and have smooth walls. What can I use to fill them in that won't start to crack in a few years?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I had this exact issue in mine. First I used Spackling compound and let it sit a month just to see what happened. It cracked. So I toook it all out and tried a universal caulking on one seam. That cracked. Finally I used tubes of SILCON that is supposed to be for aquariums. 3 years later it has NOT cracked.

    Bookmark   August 11, 2007 at 11:59AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
mfg home factories
We are thinking about purchasing a manufactured home....
Selling Older Manufactured Home/Financing
Hello everybody, I am new here. Been reading alot....
"bathrooms stink" in 2007 deer valley dw manufactured home
We purchased a 2007 Deer Valley double wide used 2...
Just bought double wide office trailer
Greetings All, I just bought a doublewide office trailer...
Pack Rats Under My Park Model
We use our Park Model 3 months out of the year here...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™