Dressing up blank exterior wall

Sheri_CAugust 22, 2012

One side of my double wide MH is visible from the driveway. This side is basically a blank wall. We have installed a window to make this side of the MH more attractive (and also to enable us to see outside on that side of the MH), but it is still pretty boring. We've landscaped by adding a flower bed with a small curvy path down the middle and have planted some arborvitae to (some day) help cover the blank wall, but until the plants grow more, I'm stuck. The only thing I can think of is adding a nice large ornamental trellis as a focal point to "dress it up" a bit. Any ideas/pictures would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cathyyg

A home in our park has a flat sheet metal image of a lighthouse in solid matte black decorating their road-facing blank wall. It is quite large, and looks really nice.

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 10:10PM
ryseryse_2004

Put up a trellis or tack up a piece of chicken wire and plant Clematis. It will quickly cover the entire wall and look beautiful.

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 1:40PM
Sheri_C

I like the idea of having climbing plants covering up the blank wall. That side of the trailer gets brutally hot sun in the summer, but I think I could find something that could take the heat--if not a clematis maybe an annual bougainvilla? (It would be an annual in my area anyway). Thanks for the suggestions.

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 8:29AM
More Discussions
Where to get Homeowners Insurance??
We are in the process of purchasing a vacation property...
marksteph
Young south texas couple needs advice!
my wife and I are in the market to buy a new home....
nicksations
price over factory invoice in Calif.
Any info on approximate price should pay over the factory...
peggy1595
Heat Pumps
Is your New manufactured home Energy Star certified...
PVHIII
What is the Cadillac of MH manfs.?
What brands are top of the line in mobile homes. We...
goldenbuckeye
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™