New Kitchen Choices

loug56July 9, 2014

We are buying a new Home from Jacobson and are not completely satisfied with the Kitchen Cabinet choices and are considering buying a base Kitchen and re-doing the Kitchen with our preferred cabinets / quaility. Any suggestions / comments. All constructive comments welcome. Thanks !!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cathyyg

I wanted white cabinets, which were not an option. I got the upgraded cabinets. I am not incredibly impressed with them. They are far sturdier than I have seen in other manufactured homes, but still flimsier than anything at Home Depot or Ikea. They don't have the self-soft closing feature, either. And my kitchen is still the envy of all my friends.

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 6:38PM
Lauras8209

my husband and I bought an older doublewide in need of major upgrading. We have replaced all the windows, put on a new roof but the first major thing we did was redo the kitchen. We took it down to the bare walls, ripped out everything and then took the dimensions to our local Lowes Home Improvement store where with a designer we plotted out my ideal kitchen, it's not a large space but we maximized the cabinet storage and counter space with nice oak cabinets without handles. I have 2 lazy susans in the dead corners and at the time since this was not cheap, we put in laminate countertops which are still working well after 10 years now. We just recently put in stainless steel appliances and a black composite granite sink and when we originally did the kitchen we put in a light wood laminate flooring. We have gotten many compliments on our kitchen and our home now looks more like a stick built home than a doublewide so you can do so many things with one and save tons of money over a stick built, just put it on a brick foundation and go for it.

Bookmark   August 18, 2014 at 9:50PM
new-beginning

I replaced my cabinets (which were in terrible shape) with IKEA (which I absolutely love) - I have a bank of lower drawers, rather than cabinets with doors - no more getting on my hands and knees and leaning upside down to find stuff in the back

Bookmark   August 20, 2014 at 1:59AM
More Discussions
looking for company that builds modern mobile home for 100$ per sq/ft
would like to build a modern mobile home, around 1300...
golfgo
Looking for advice, might be buying manufactured/modular
Hi! My husband and I will be looking at this house...
Turner58800
Young south texas couple needs advice!
my wife and I are in the market to buy a new home....
nicksations
mfg home factories
We are thinking about purchasing a manufactured home....
nuevomex
Marlett 1997
I have a Marlett as a rental in Idaho. I haven't had...
cocolallakids
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™