Suggestions on best MH manufacturer in tri-state?

tresor27June 27, 2009

Due to tax reasons, my husband and I are looking to put a HUD home on property we have purchased in Upstate NY. We are considering Commodore, Colony, Pine Grove and Eagle River homes and would greatly appreciate any feedback on these brands. Also, regarding dealers, we are considering Heritage Homes and Patriot Homes in PA as well as Makovic Homes in NY. Does anyone have experience with any of these? I have looked them up on the BBB website and have also read GrissimÂs guides for his rating on the various brands of MH. In your opinion is it more important that the manufacturer or the dealer be reputable? Ultimately who is responsible if we have problems with our home? Thank you very much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayeal

We live in upstate NY and purchased a Ritz-Craft, made in PA, and have lived in it for 7 years. No problems with it yet. We did have the floors and roof joists beefed up since many MHs do not have the best of structure. We went to the factory to see what they offered - looked at their products, watched production, and decided we would get this MH - never sorry. You may want to add this to our list.
Kaye

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 12:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tresor27

Hi Kaye,

Thank you for your input. We had looked at Ritz-Craft but didn't find any floorplan that we liked. In the end it looks like we'll be going with Pine Grove; based on what information I've found it seems they have a reputation for good construction. I hope we won't have any problems!

Thanks again!

Bookmark   August 2, 2009 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
manufactured homes info
Hello. I am in need of information on manufactured...
pambowen5450
Are the smaller single wides cheaper than larger?
I would like to eventually get a PINE GROVE single...
poaky1
Insulating an older Mobile home
HI, Im new to the forum. Glad to meet you all and really...
txchick
Selling Older Manufactured Home/Financing
Hello everybody, I am new here. Been reading alot....
knappyvw
Good Reputable Modular Home Company In The NE
Hi folks, We are strongly considering putting a modular...
nancyinri
Sponsored Products
South Carolina State University Basketball Round: 2 Ft. 2 In. x 2 Ft. 2 In. Rug
$26.95 | Bellacor
Electri-Chef 32 in. Electric Grill with Cart - Dual Burner Multicolor - 4400-EC-
Hayneedle
Taj Beige TAJ14 Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. 9 In. Rug
$220.15 | Bellacor
20W 12V T3 G4 Halogen Clear Bulb by SATCO Lighting
$5.99 | Lumens
Mythos Red and Gray Round: 10 Ft. x 10 Ft. Rug
Bellacor
Low Voltage 160 Track Head by WAC Lighting
$45.00 | Lumens
Captain's Writing Laptop Desk-White Trim - MF013
Hayneedle
Hanging Gazing Ball Holder