Another first time buyer

southern_ffJune 18, 2006

I am in the process of researching manufactured home brands. We are looking to purchase a single wide to use as a vacation home in western NC. We are looking at a Giles Lone Mountain model. It is 14x72, 2BR, 2Bath. I would order it with 2x6 studs, additional insulation as well as thermo-pane windows. We would order it new and place it on a lot just over 1 1/2 acres. I am looking for any input on the Giles brand and any suggestions for us prior to signing the contract. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerry1935

I own a Fleetwood double wide, next door neighbor puchased a Giles double wide and took awhile to get all the problems fixed. Whatever you buy, inspect it very closely and double check all water fittings. Make sure your model has standard home size doors, so that you can buy replacements as needed from Lowes or Home Depot. Unstandard size doors, screen doors can be very expensive from mobile home suppliers. Good Luck.

Bookmark   June 19, 2006 at 12:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

Remember, when talking to the sales people, if their lips are moving, they probably are lying. Be very cautious.

Bookmark   June 19, 2006 at 3:41PM
More Discussions
Do You Love Your Mobile Home?
Hi there. I have read the posts on this forum with...
frenchkitty
"bathrooms stink" in 2007 deer valley dw manufactured home
We purchased a 2007 Deer Valley double wide used 2...
pinkbumblebee
Just bought double wide office trailer
Greetings All, I just bought a doublewide office trailer...
RobGT90
Going from composition shingle to a metal roof
I have a 1995 Silhouette 28x80 (76 actual) mobile home....
pmiker
Marlett 1997
I have a Marlett as a rental in Idaho. I haven't had...
cocolallakids
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™