wallpaper border with slanted ceilings?

nanaofiveJune 25, 2007

I am going to wallpaper in my kitchen. There isn't much wall space there and I would really like to add a border, but I'm not sure what to do since it is a double wide with slanted ceilings. Does anyone have any advice on where to place a border, since if I start at the low side along the ceiling it would be angled. How about right above the window height all around? Do I make any since at all? Thanks to anyone who may have suggestions for me! Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

can you post a pic ?
i have wallpaper and a border in my kitchen.
i will post pics soon,

    Bookmark   June 25, 2007 at 4:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The decorator who works with me professionally (in the construction industry) recommends starting at the lowest point of the vault, dropping the border about 2" and running it level across the top of the wall. This squares out the room.

She also suggested matching paint with a darker (medium) part of the border, and painting both the wall above the border, and the ceiling, to blend them together.

We've done this on a multiple level trey ceiling, running a modified crown at a level height and blending them together by paint color (the crown, and the trey ceiling). It has a nice finished look.

    Bookmark   June 30, 2007 at 11:52AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
It is hard to find senior mobile home parks
When I check on Senior Mobile home parks most of have...
Should I buy this single wide?
I have an opportunity to buy a 2001 Clayton single-wide...
What is the Cadillac of MH manfs.?
What brands are top of the line in mobile homes. We...
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
Regular furnace in MH?
Can you put a regular furnace in a MH? Is it primarily...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™