Peel and seal roofing

olddog1213May 29, 2007

Hope this is the right place to ask. Does anyone have any experiece with the peel and seal roofing material from MFM Building Products Corp? The product looks good and seems to be just the right product for an older mobile home. Any comments gladly accepted!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

I was previously unaware of this product and am glad you mentioned it. No personal experience with it. Remember, it bonds to whatever is immediately below it. If dirt and dust, the wind will carry it away. The roof surface must be squeaky clean before application. Pressure washer? Looks as if the cost of the product will be a bit over $1.00 per square foot.

Bookmark   May 29, 2007 at 5:50PM
olddog1213

Thanks for the response. You are correct about the product. I am in the process of having it installed on my mobile. Well, I haven't signed the contract yet but the product looks very promising. The manufacture warrants the product for 10 years and the installing company warrants it for an additional 10 years. All of the things you mentioned have been addressed and looks like the product will solve many little problems with my 20 year old home. Thanks again for the quick reply. I will let you know what happens.

Bookmark   May 29, 2007 at 7:08PM
ibuildem

I've had experience with both the "textured" variety, which is designed to replace conventional rolled roofing, and the "smooth" variety, which is installed only as an ice and water shield under other roofing material.

The peel-and-stick roofing is great, but, as said by others, the surface must be smooth, free of dirt, and installed by someone who knows what they're doing. The roll that I have (still have a bit left over) is pretty thick material, and has the asphalt-type surface that normal shingles have, although not in a "tab" pattern.

I actually managed to install some in the valley of an old 5-V tin roof on an old building to eliminate a leak when "roof-jack tar" wouldn't work, and it worked great. I wouldn't recommend it, but it was an emergency repair, and won't make much difference on that particular building.

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 2:18PM
More Discussions
Four Seasons Manfacturered Housing
I am looking for information on Four Seasons Manufacturered...
Linda928
Are the smaller single wides cheaper than larger?
I would like to eventually get a PINE GROVE single...
poaky1
Moving an old Windsor (70's) single wide SAFE?
A friend of mine has a 1970 ish Windsor 14X 70 or 12...
poaky1
manufactured homes info
Hello. I am in need of information on manufactured...
pambowen5450
Insulating an older Mobile home
HI, Im new to the forum. Glad to meet you all and really...
txchick
Sponsored Products
European Cottage 3 Drawer Nightstand - 007-23-80
$739.00 | Hayneedle
Belham Living San Miguel Cast Aluminum Half Moon Sofa with Tube Seat - 22-99557
Hayneedle
Rosle Peeler
$23.00 | FRONTGATE
Lightray Architectural Bronze 5-Inch Wide One-Light Flush Mount
$118.00 | Bellacor
Set of 2 Blue LED Solar-Powered Marker Lights
$15.99 | Lamps Plus
Cordelia Lighting Outdoor Lanterns. Exeter Collection Wall Mounted Outdoor Pewte
$48.60 | Home Depot
World Imports Wall Mounted Sutton Collection 1-Light Outdoor Rust Wall Sconce
$65.30 | Home Depot
Lime Sink Mat
$10.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™