Can drywall be installed?

uniqcrafts2000May 10, 2006

In mobile homes can drywall be installed? I hate all the fake walls and was thinking of installing drywall. Should I do this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweets98

It CAN be installed, however I would only do it if I was on a foundation. There are reasons why there is paneling in a mobile home and one of them is that it needs to be moved. The mobile home will settle and move over time and paneling allows for this with little issues (although sometimes doors no longer shut or stay closed because of it).

I have a friend that they drywalled their second bedroom when their DS was born and all I could think was in awhile, they're going to have huge cracks down the wall :/ I thought the drywall was a GREAT idea until this occured to me and besides, we're not living in this mobile home forever. We want something bigger in the years to come!

Bookmark   May 12, 2006 at 7:55AM
djatsw47

I have a large double-wide on a brick foundation. It was already drywalled in the main living areas and master bedroom and has held up well except for one crack. However, having had stick-built homes, I know for a fact that settling causes cracks in them too.

Bookmark   May 26, 2006 at 8:23AM
sweets98

Yes, it does but I think it could happen a lot more in a mobile home. Especially if say you decide to move it somewhere else or sell it and have someone else move it....imagine it going down the road and shaking and moving and what a mess that will be! ;)

Bookmark   May 26, 2006 at 8:30AM
More Discussions
What is the Cadillac of MH manfs.?
What brands are top of the line in mobile homes. We...
goldenbuckeye
mfg home factories
We are thinking about purchasing a manufactured home....
nuevomex
price over factory invoice in Calif.
Any info on approximate price should pay over the factory...
peggy1595
Super scared! Modular vs manufactured? Bad reviews?
We are searching for land in Ruidoso, city lot, small...
nurseypoo5
"bathrooms stink" in 2007 deer valley dw manufactured home
We purchased a 2007 Deer Valley double wide used 2...
pinkbumblebee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™