Leaking

mistyblue_2008April 1, 2008

My mobile home is leaking in some spots when it rains. Its all on one side. I had it repaired when I first bought it(when it was new) It was under warrenty then. Now its starting to leak again. I was told it was the sealant the manufactuer ussed wasn't any good. My son-in-law looked but he can't tell where its leaking. What kind of sealant do I need to use and where do I put it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

This problem will be resolved only by having a knowledgeable person deal with it in person.

Bookmark   April 3, 2008 at 12:11PM
Mickey15

mistyblue,
we have had leaks a few times at our house. we just re-sealed the roof and that took care of it each time. we bought the stuff that you can get from walmart that is white and it dries on like rubbert, and it helps with keeping the house cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter. our house is 14x70 and we used 2 buckets. i think the buckets were around $40 each. you can buy one of those paint rollers with a long stick for painting ceilings, and use that to apply the sealant. just make sure you cover all of the roof really well, especially along the edges of the roof and around the heat ducts and things like that.
tammy

Bookmark   May 21, 2008 at 4:12PM
tutifruti

Do you have a shingled roof? If so, try checking the seams around your roof vents. We have just discovered this problem ourselves where they are getting clogged with leaves etc. and water is leaking in from there. Other than cleaning them out I'm not sure at this point if they can be sealed too. I hope this will help you. (Our water damage is on the outside walls mostly.)

Bookmark   May 30, 2008 at 12:31AM
More Discussions
Moving an old Windsor (70's) single wide SAFE?
A friend of mine has a 1970 ish Windsor 14X 70 or 12...
poaky1
Regular furnace in MH?
Can you put a regular furnace in a MH? Is it primarily...
cathyyg
Selling Older Manufactured Home/Financing
Hello everybody, I am new here. Been reading alot....
knappyvw
Going from composition shingle to a metal roof
I have a 1995 Silhouette 28x80 (76 actual) mobile home....
pmiker
Looking for advice, might be buying manufactured/modular
Hi! My husband and I will be looking at this house...
Turner58800
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™