W/D for a second laundry

cangelmdDecember 21, 2010

We are beginning a master bath remodel this spring and I am getting a long time dream - a laundry room in the master bath (the closet would be even better, but we can't work that).

In my regular laundry room I have a Miele Novotronic 1986 and a Kenmore HT dryer. I love my Miele, and I will continue to do my good clothes in it. We will do mostly king bed sheets, towels, underwear in the second laundry. I need a quiet washer and dryer, relatively large capacity, front loader preferred (I need to put some folding space on top) and I want a "regular" brand, because I'm gong to do some scratch and dent shopping. They don't have to match, but need to be similar in height. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CanCanCase

For our first and second laundry rooms, we went with Dexter Express commercial equipment. On the pro side, they're quiet, fast, and do a better job than any home model. They're also designed for thousands more duty cycles than a consumer washer. On the negative side, the equipment is expensive when compared to a plastic home model, and there aren't an infinite selection of cycle and temp combinations to choose from, so you actually have to know how to do laundry with these things!

As soon as I can sell or junk our Whirlpool Duet set at home, I'll replace with Dexter...

-Case

Bookmark   January 4, 2011 at 9:56PM
More Discussions
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™