Call me at work if you plan on purchasing a 'system built' home

michele_2006April 5, 2006

Paul and I built our modular home in JUly 2004 and BOY OH BOY did we make tons of mistakes, just from not having good advice, call us any time if you want on the spot advice or to hear about our mistakes that will hopefully SPARE YOU!

We can be reached at 843.267.1400.

Paul & Michele

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Roberta_z5

Wow! You must have had a very bad experience. We however, had a very good one. We bought our modular home through Design Homes in Prairie DuChen in Wisconsin. There were problems, but nothing that wasn't immediately solved. We loved the attention to detail and were very impressed with the workers.

Maybe it is best to research the company before you even start!

Bookmark   April 5, 2006 at 7:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lynxville

Michele: Could you type up a brief check list from your experience of things that everyone that reads this forum can have a heads up. Also this could be info searched in the future (archieve) to help many other potential modular buyers.

Also could you mention the company that you purchased it from and would you recommend them.

I am going to buy one in the future and I am looking for a company that stands behind there products. So any info you have will be extremely valuable to all.

I have toured the Design Homes factory and was very impressed. But I have toured other factories and some companies are 20 to 30% less expensive than them. Price isn't everything and I am always interested in how is the servcie after they have my money.

Thanks in advance.

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 6:33AM
More Discussions
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
twosonsmama
Heat Pumps
Is your New manufactured home Energy Star certified...
PVHIII
price over factory invoice in Calif.
Any info on approximate price should pay over the factory...
peggy1595
mfg home factories
We are thinking about purchasing a manufactured home....
nuevomex
Moving an old Windsor (70's) single wide SAFE?
A friend of mine has a 1970 ish Windsor 14X 70 or 12...
poaky1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™