Question about subfloor?

locomikeMarch 7, 2009

My double wide is a 32x80. So the floor joists would be roughly 16'. Is there any other support beams or anything running perpindicular to support this span. Reason I am asking is because I was gonna tile the bathroom floor but need to know the unsupported span of the joists. Looks like they are unsupported. I don't see any other supports. Thx. Mike

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
locomike

Anyone? thx.

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 1:35PM
ronbre

ours has 2 I beams at least running the full length of the home besides the center supports..but i haven't been into the crawl space so that is a guess..there may actually be more..i believe my son said there are 2 I beams on EACH 1/2..that would make 4.

call the co that made it and ask

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 1:21PM
locomike

It seems like there are 2 I beams under there but I don't believe that the joists rest on them? I have a part of my subfloor cut out and can't see anywhere where the beams support the joists. I believe there are the beams then the underbelly of insulation and then your floor joists so the beams wouldn't be doing any supporting of the joists. Any other input is appreciated. So the unsupported span of the joist's would be the entire 16'.

Bookmark   March 11, 2009 at 7:23PM
bus_driver

Your unit has a steel frame running the length? Do the joists cross that steel frame at right angles?

Bookmark   March 21, 2009 at 4:53PM
locomike

Yes there is more steel framing running pepindicular to the joists but from what i've seen the joists don't rest on the beams. Seems like the I beams are just to stiffen the metal framing of the trailer. If the joist's aren't resting on the beams it's still an un supported span. Anyone had any experience tiling in manufactured homes?

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 12:35AM
locomike

No other input?

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
mfg home factories
We are thinking about purchasing a manufactured home....
nuevomex
Just bought double wide office trailer
Greetings All, I just bought a doublewide office trailer...
RobGT90
Insulating an older Mobile home
HI, Im new to the forum. Glad to meet you all and really...
txchick
Do You Love Your Mobile Home?
Hi there. I have read the posts on this forum with...
frenchkitty
Going from composition shingle to a metal roof
I have a 1995 Silhouette 28x80 (76 actual) mobile home....
pmiker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™