Pre Fab Lesco and National Homes...I would love some info, please

elbow642March 23, 2007

My husband and I are buying our second home and have been told by a previous owner(not the owners that we are buying it from) that it is a Lesco home. It was upgraded quite a bit with oak flooring, fireplace, full tile in the bathrooms, and lots of other things that I love.

I have googled for days and can come up with very little info. I do know that Lesco was a subsidiary of National Homes and was based out of Martinsville Va.

I found a completed auction for house plans on ebay that sold for quite a bit, dated 1954. I can't post a link but if you search "Vintage 1954 Lesco Factory House Plans Prefab Homes" on google, it will come up.

I also found a court document in which National Homes sued the owner of Lesco, who's name was Lawson L. Lester, Jr. in 1972.

I would love to know more about my great new house and would be extra excited to find the plans. Our courthouse does not have such records so I have to find it on my own.

The date the house was built is iffy, but from my digging at the court house, it was either in '61, '62, 63, or 64. The records are really terrible and you can only guess by assessed values throughout the years. The developer owned multiple lots and they are all grouped together, that is why it is impossible to know which year for sure.

Any and all info would be great.

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
c64c64_yahoo_com

I just bought a home from my unkle that was his dads. Its a National home bult in 1954. It is updated a litle bit but still needs alot of work. Do you have the seril number and information plak by your basement steps? There are quite a few of these homes by me. If theres any information you want feel free to email me.

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 8:49PM
More Discussions
Pack Rats Under My Park Model
We use our Park Model 3 months out of the year here...
zeke1312
Marlett 1997
I have a Marlett as a rental in Idaho. I haven't had...
cocolallakids
New Carpet or Laminate?
I just bought a 1986 manufactured home which has carpet...
nwroselady
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
twosonsmama
Modular Homes VS mobile home
Please dont confuse Modular and mobile home. They are...
Minxie
Sponsored Products
Little Giant Safety Step - 4-step, 25 lbs.
$189.00 | FRONTGATE
Airflex ™ Microfiber Mat
$79.50 | FRONTGATE
Alize Hi-Rizer Mattress - 61-ALI-10020-001
$834.99 | Hayneedle
Flos | Belvedere Spot Single F1 LED Outdoor Path Light
$995.00 | YLighting
Chrysanthemum Wool Rug by Amy Butler
$876.00 | Lumens
Triple Pagoda Box - MULTI COLORS
$246.90 | Horchow
I Luv CA Marquee Sign