Advice on buying preowned home in Florida

floridaboundMarch 8, 2013

Hi All, We're looking at moving to a retirement mobile home park in Florida later this year. We'd like a 2 bed 2 bath home for less than $30K. Can anyone offer advice on what to look for and what to avoid. It will be our primary residence.

We would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SunnyDJ

I just came back from Florida and having stayed in a mobile home park, might be able to help you.....I think it depends on the area you'd like to settle in...I love N. Ft. Myers and to me it would be ideal....I think the only problem with buying at that price might be the cost or monthly fees....Park fees do run anywhere from $425 and up, unless you buy into the assiociation and then it might bring your monthly fees down to as little as $45.00...But, there again, the homes will cost more...I've looked at homes starting at $45,000 and some will be with their own lot and some you rent the lot.....If you'd like, I do have a few parks in the Ft. Myers area and would be more than happy to tell you about them......
I do think, retiring to Florida would be fantastic...The weather, the people, just everything about it would be great.......
If you want my list, just post again and we'll take it from there.....

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 10:18PM
floridabound

Thanks SunnyDJ for replying. We like Fort Myers but we're looking at Lakeland.

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 8:57AM
jessebain

I think instead of investing in a pre-owned home in Florida, you can buy a new home within that price range. There are several housing projects that are going on in beautiful locations of Florida and developers like Albanese Builders are giving great chance to buy their dream home in appropriate price.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 7:25AM
jessebain

I think instead of investing in a pre-owned home in Florida, you can buy a new home within that price range. There are several housing projects that are going on in beautiful locations of Florida and developers like Albanese Builders are giving great chance to buy their dream home in appropriate price.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 7:27AM
More Discussions
Should I buy this single wide?
I have an opportunity to buy a 2001 Clayton single-wide...
andy2014
Looking for advice, might be buying manufactured/modular
Hi! My husband and I will be looking at this house...
Turner58800
Moving an old Windsor (70's) single wide SAFE?
A friend of mine has a 1970 ish Windsor 14X 70 or 12...
poaky1
looking for company that builds modern mobile home for 100$ per sq/ft
would like to build a modern mobile home, around 1300...
golfgo
Selling Older Manufactured Home/Financing
Hello everybody, I am new here. Been reading alot....
knappyvw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™