having a hard time financing your manu. home

timmysmomMarch 22, 2007

I was having such a hard time finding someone to refinance my home because it was manufactured and then I found someone that specialized in manufactured homes! She got me 6% on a 30 year fixed rate. Let me know if you would like her information!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
matt2490

What credit score do you need to have to qualify for that loan for a 30 year fixed rate?

Bookmark   March 23, 2007 at 2:05PM
timmysmom

There is no credit score requirement. The lender looks at all of your credit and excepts a letter of explanation for all derogatory credit. The lender looks for length of time on job, debt vs. income, not just credit.

Bookmark   March 26, 2007 at 1:55PM
matt2490

I'm very interested in getting a quote from this lender. How do I get the contact information so I can get started?

Bookmark   March 26, 2007 at 5:21PM
timmysmom

Her office number is (517) 663-9500 x 108. Her email is manufacturedlender@yahoo.com. Tell her Sara referred you.

Bookmark   March 27, 2007 at 3:15PM
matt2490

Thank You Very Much!! Matt

Bookmark   March 27, 2007 at 3:35PM
timmysmom

Not a problem. Is she able to help you too?

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 2:03PM
matt2490

We're corresponding with her right now. Everything is looking great. Thanks again, Matt.

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 6:34PM
timmysmom

Has anyone else had good luck with her too?

Bookmark   October 18, 2007 at 3:03PM
mhhomeloanlender

i am also a mobile home lender. I dont have a minimum credit score and can finance a purchase to 100%. I can also refinance manufactured home properties to 95%. Interest rates are very low(6-7%) on a 30 year fixed loan with no prepayment penalty. Please email me at abaumlein@trivantagelending.com today so I can help you too!!

Bookmark   December 24, 2007 at 1:27AM
saragene

me and my husband are very interested in buying a manufactured home and would like to place the home in land.is there anyone can share some infos about the ins and outs. is it easy to get financed? please if anyone knows anything let me know i would appreciate it. thank you

Here is a link that might be useful: that home site!

Bookmark   December 31, 2007 at 12:59PM
alviec

saragene. stay away from mobile homes.
1. they treat it like a car.
2. it depreciates rapidly.
3. it is over priced.
4. most who sell them are crooks.
if you decide to buy one of these poorly constructed so-called homes, do the following;

1. get your own appraiser.
2. get your own inspector. not someone the dealer/seller knows.
3. investigate the companies back ground. check for dissatisfied customers. there are plenty of links on the web.
3. investigate the dealer/seller background.
4. check local and state laws regulating how the home is to be sold and set up in your area.
5. get background references of the guy who installs your home. wouldn't hurt to get that about the dealer/seller either.
5. how many complaints were made against the dealer/seller/installer?

These is plenty more to check into BEFORE you buy a mobile home. I will leave it at that for now.

I'm waiting for the industry people to chime in on how you should not listen to me. You'll know what i mean when it happens.

Good luck, and think about buyinh as Jim Walters home or something like that. You will be much happier in the future.

Bookmark   January 27, 2008 at 11:28PM
adirondackgardener

Still at it, Alviec?

Saragene, manufactured homes serve a legitimate purpose in the broader scheme of housing, unlike the anti-mobile home troll above.

As much as I would like to suggest that you come to our company and have us build an up-scale modular home with all the bells and whistles, you need to buy what you can afford and what suits you, not what an opinionated troll wants you to buy.

Wayne

Bookmark   February 2, 2008 at 2:42PM
lippysyd

Bump! Any of these leads pan out?

Bookmark   January 13, 2009 at 8:53PM
jiggreen

" * Posted by lippysyd (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 13, 09 at 20:53

Bump! Any of these leads pan out?"

I'm curious as to the outcome also.

Bookmark   February 4, 2009 at 10:34PM
countryboymo

I purchased one and lived in it close to 10 years. It was less than 250.00 a month on payment and was 4yrs old when I purchased it. I had very little trouble with it and it was pretty efficient compared to most homes out there. The 'value' of it actually didn't depreciate much but the availability of repo's/foreclosures that are 3-5yrs old is what hurt its value.
There is no way I could have rented a place that new with over 1,200sqft for around $250 a month. In the end I did have something to sell and did walk away with money in my pocket. I couldn't think of a better first home experience for me. My new home has caused a lot more headaches than that trailer did and its only been a few years in the home.

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 3:23PM
aikanae

It's really stupid that there's such a stigma against mh. The new ones are probably the greenest solution possible. They've really upgraded the construction. But there is the problem with financing and they do treat them like personal property rather than real estate. I own the property, can afix it to the land, but it's still treated the same except in comes in one bill v. two.

Bookmark   March 3, 2009 at 7:58AM
More Discussions
Looking for advice, might be buying manufactured/modular
Hi! My husband and I will be looking at this house...
Turner58800
Going from composition shingle to a metal roof
I have a 1995 Silhouette 28x80 (76 actual) mobile home....
pmiker
Considering an older (1972) mobile home - what do I need to know?
Hi all, I'm just beginning to look for a nice little...
cmayomh
Marlett 1997
I have a Marlett as a rental in Idaho. I haven't had...
cocolallakids
Just bought double wide office trailer
Greetings All, I just bought a doublewide office trailer...
RobGT90
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™