New here at this website.

tlb2005March 23, 2006

Found this website by searching for "red tile backsplash" or something of that nature. I haven't been to much of the website but so far, I love everything I have seen.

We are thinking about buying a doublewide and "gutting" it! The roof is salvagable (did I spell that right? LOL) and the wall studs and floor studs (or is it joists? please forgive me for not knowing the correct terms) are good. If we were to buy the wood (studs) for the walls and floors and the roof, we would be paying more than what we could buy this doublewide for!! I am excited!!

We are waiting to hear from this guy who might move it for us. If he can, then it will be a done deal!! I am getting excited!!

Any advice? Just want to say Hi? Well, hi and I welcome any advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mountain_curmudgeon

Just have a knowledgeable and licensed electrician install or at least supervise the wiring of the structure. If your walls & roof are sound, there are few mistakes that could be made that are as life-threatening as electrical mistakes could be.

Bookmark   March 23, 2006 at 3:59PM
christopherh

GO FOR IT!!

Bookmark   March 25, 2006 at 7:21AM
tlb2005

Well, we did it!! I was so scared!! I just knew it was going to tip over going around the corner!! But our friends got it there safe and sound.

My husband is capable of doing most of the work. We will have someone dig a well and septic tank and get a certified electrician.

Bookmark   March 29, 2006 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
manufactured homes info
Hello. I am in need of information on manufactured...
pambowen5450
Super scared! Modular vs manufactured? Bad reviews?
We are searching for land in Ruidoso, city lot, small...
nurseypoo5
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
twosonsmama
price over factory invoice in Calif.
Any info on approximate price should pay over the factory...
peggy1595
"bathrooms stink" in 2007 deer valley dw manufactured home
We purchased a 2007 Deer Valley double wide used 2...
pinkbumblebee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™