Price on a manufactured home

nitabMarch 10, 2010

Can you negotiate the price of a manufactured home? It is already in a lot, and I have to pay lot rent. They want 10% down.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pris

It's been a number of years since my Aunt and Uncle sold their Mobile Home Sales business but I can remember that 10% down was standard in the late 70's. And that was for a new one. As to negotiating the sales price with the owner, that would be up to him. If he priced it high you might be able to get him to come down. Your best bet is to have it appraised to get an idea of what it's worth and go from there. You always stand a better chance if you know what you're talking about.

Bookmark   March 10, 2010 at 6:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
forboystoo

If you can get a loan with ONLY 10% down you're doing great...Yes get the appraisal.People selling their mobile homes think they are like real estate ..Mobile homes are not considered an investment..Also the interest rate on mobile homes are generally higher..If it's new there is alot of negotiating to be done ...A brand new home in CA in a park selling for 152,000 has a cost to seller of maybe 90,000..If it's in an area you want to live in that's a big part of what you are paying for.
If it's not new when you get the appraisal they will tell you what the seller paid for it ...
Good-Luck

Bookmark   March 12, 2010 at 11:41AM
More Discussions
Pack Rats Under My Park Model
We use our Park Model 3 months out of the year here...
zeke1312
Insulating an older Mobile home
HI, Im new to the forum. Glad to meet you all and really...
txchick
"bathrooms stink" in 2007 deer valley dw manufactured home
We purchased a 2007 Deer Valley double wide used 2...
pinkbumblebee
Marlett 1997
I have a Marlett as a rental in Idaho. I haven't had...
cocolallakids
Just bought double wide office trailer
Greetings All, I just bought a doublewide office trailer...
RobGT90
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™