double wide

katkatFebruary 26, 2012

are the kitchen cabinets the same size in a normal house? I have a double wide and hate the counter tops. I want to get new counter tops but wasn't sure if they'd fit. Anyone?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
desertsteph

sure - they got some in there already, didn't they?

call a place and ask about it. probably wouldn't put in granite - too heavy. I wouldn't put granite in anyway because it's too hard - things break if dropped on it. and of course, it's expensive.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 5:07AM
erinsbee1

yes they are the same size. I am renovating my double wide kitchen, and have found everything to be in normal proportion as regular stick built homes. Having to redo the wiring though for electircal outlets as they are put in very cheaply into the vinyl wall.. we are redrywalling and putting everything as it should be done correctly.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 11:22PM
jessicaml

Mine aren't normal sized! Standard countertop depth is 25.5 inches. My counters (before I replaced them) were 24 inches deep. My cabinets are roughly 22 inches deep. I hated having such a huge overhanging lip of counter, so I cut my butcherblock to about 23.5 inches deep.

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 9:34PM
jessicaml

My countertops were purple. Awful! Don't live with countertops you hate, even if they aren't standard. Ikea butcherblock is a pretty inexpensive option, as it DIY laminate. Just order sheet laminate (or pick some of the standard stock up from Menards) and glue it to plywood cut to size. Or check out Rustoleum's countertop paint. Supposedly the one with color chips is pretty tough, but messy to do; I've heard the cheaper, 1-step version is best as a temporary measure, not a permanent solution...but I may still try it in the bathroom. And depending on where you are, some places have contractors that can spray-refinish tile and counters. If you're not as budget-conscious as all the above options, you can pick your countertop of choice and just order it in a custom size (assuming yours are shallow, like mine), but there's a custom up-charge.

Here is a link that might be useful: janie-k's beautiful kitchen with DIY laminate countertops

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 1:15AM
dirtgirlz

I am looking to remodel my kitchen and have done lots of research. Others in this blog have recommended Giani Granite. I checked into it and the price is right and it doesn't seem too difficult. Once I have completed the project I will post photos.

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
Do You Love Your Mobile Home?
Hi there. I have read the posts on this forum with...
frenchkitty
price over factory invoice in Calif.
Any info on approximate price should pay over the factory...
peggy1595
What is the Cadillac of MH manfs.?
What brands are top of the line in mobile homes. We...
goldenbuckeye
Pack Rats Under My Park Model
We use our Park Model 3 months out of the year here...
zeke1312
Are the smaller single wides cheaper than larger?
I would like to eventually get a PINE GROVE single...
poaky1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™