washed winter gloves; now big problem

steelskiesDecember 20, 2013

I washed a bunch of winter gloves and 2 of them came out with the entire lining outside the glove. Meaning the insides are inside out and hanging out of the glove. I've tried in the past to put the fingers back into the glove with no success. Is there some hint to this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kris_zone6

Just work at it slowly. Try working your fingers into the liner and then into the glove.

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 2:58PM
cj47_gw

I do what kris_zone6 does--carefully get my fingers into the liner (it's tricky because it's inside out) and then from there work them slowly into the glove. Don't try to rush it, otherwise it'll just bunch up. And you also have to put your whole hand in at once--not one finger at a time, if that makes sense. Do it the way you would if you were really putting it on your hand. It may not actually be possible, if the inside fabric is not smooth enough to allow you to push the fabric back in, but it's worth a try. I've had some success with this method, and don't know of another one.

Best of luck.

Cj

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 9:46PM
dualref

Put the part that covers the palm and the back of the hand first. Then use a 6 inch wooden dowel to push each finger up into the glove fingers. Take your time and it will work.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 8:04PM
jakvis

Use a chop stick to get the liners back in. I've had this happen before and this is how I corrected it.

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 12:04PM
cj47_gw

Chop Stick--great idea, jakvis!

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 10:49PM
More Discussions
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprilh
Whirlpool Cabrio top loaders vs LG?
Hi all. I am interested in Whirlpool because we can...
jennifer2413
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
How to access Program Mode in Miele W3038
After almost four years without a washer yesterday...
recordaras
New Front Load Speed Queens
Hi everyone, we are replacing our old GE's- adding...
remodnana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™