Patriot Mfg. Homes

pineviewplanterFebruary 28, 2007

Has anyone had any experience with them? We are considering one of the "Pinnacle" Series Double wide, 3 br / 2 BA units. One in particular that we like is the Kennedy Model. It has 2 x 6 exterior walls, and drywall interior walls. We presently live in a home that we built ourselves, but unfortunately, we are getting to the age that mowing a 3 acre hillside is getting more and more difficult, plus the stairs are not getting any easier.

We already have wonderful rural property that has city water access.... and all we would need is a septic tank and the usual driveway, slab, or such.... but altogether the Kennedy does look like a wonderful and affordable way for two old folks to go. And a small ramp and decks instead of stairs for entering the home....

Thanks,

Pineveiw Planter

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lerajo

Hi,
We have a Patriot double wide and it is 13 years old and it is a nice house. We were also attracted to the 2x6 construction, drywall throughout, etc. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Lera in rainy Michigan

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 6:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queenmum

I am considering a 28x64 , 1987 Patriot home. Could anyone tell me what the construction is. Are there any problems with this model? Is it insulated well ?

Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 6:23PM
More Discussions
Where to get Homeowners Insurance??
We are in the process of purchasing a vacation property...
marksteph
Good or bad brands Manufactured homes
I am near the point of purchasing a manufactured home...
jackofalltrades_1956
It is hard to find senior mobile home parks
When I check on Senior Mobile home parks most of have...
tropical_thought
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
twosonsmama
Should I buy this single wide?
I have an opportunity to buy a 2001 Clayton single-wide...
andy2014
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™