Our Modular Home Video

fllwfanJanuary 16, 2006

I bought a modular home for a small lakehouse this past year. The house was set in September of 2005. I have video of the lot just after it was cleared and at different times of the excavation and basement foundation leading to the video of the house being lifted by crane and set on the foundation.

The house is from Design Homes in Wisconsin. It is a 28' x 42' Loft home. You'll see in the video how they raise the roof on site. I am finishing up the inside ceiling with knotty pine (that will be done next week). I am doing much of the interior work in the loft on my own.

The video is about 16 minutes and 46 seconds. I used some nifty moviemaking software to edit it and added some cheesy music. It is a wmv (Windows Media file).

Click to play video.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fllwfan

Sorry folks. I had to delete the video file. Took up too much bandwith.

Bookmark   January 18, 2006 at 7:04AM
fllwfan

Here are some videos from Bob Vila's website about a modular home project they did a couple of years ago. They have several segments in the modular factory that show how the houses are stick-built. That is, stick-built in a factory instead of on-site. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob Vila - Modular Home videos

Bookmark   January 22, 2006 at 9:14PM
mellody27

Wow, that house is amazing! I'm definitely going to look into getting a modular home for our next house.

Bookmark   January 24, 2006 at 12:10AM
michele_2006

fllwfan! I was so looking forward to seeing your video!!! We took alot of photos and video, but I don't know how to show people the video, but here are our photos! We set this in 2004! I learned sooooooooooo much from sooooooooo many mistakes!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaOHDlm4bNWdK

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Modular Building Slideshow

Bookmark   March 30, 2006 at 11:43AM
gman

BEAUTIFUL home Michele! Thanks for sharing!!!

Bookmark   June 27, 2006 at 11:28PM
mboston_gw

Wow! We are having a Modular home built (actually is finished, just waiting to be delivered)that will be used as a model home for a business. It is a Cape style with the second floor and one large dormer. It is our first try at this, and since it isn't going on a permanent site, it will be put on pylons. Then when it is finished being used as a model, we can sell it or move it onto a lot of our own. Can you give us any advice or suggestions on things to watch for? Where is your home? I am assuming that the neighborhood is comprised of all modular homes or is there a mixture?

BTW, a lovely home!

Bookmark   June 30, 2006 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
It is hard to find senior mobile home parks
When I check on Senior Mobile home parks most of have...
tropical_thought
Four Seasons Manfacturered Housing
I am looking for information on Four Seasons Manufacturered...
Linda928
What is the Cadillac of MH manfs.?
What brands are top of the line in mobile homes. We...
goldenbuckeye
Looking for advice, might be buying manufactured/modular
Hi! My husband and I will be looking at this house...
Turner58800
Insulating an older Mobile home
HI, Im new to the forum. Glad to meet you all and really...
txchick
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™