Window replacement

downsouth31January 14, 2013

Ok here goes I am replacing 3 windows in my 1994 double wide measured and ordered the replacements. The problem is I measured them for rough opening and the windows have no nailing flange on the out side so how do I install them into an rough opening. The double wide had really thin window trim and under that is bare studs, I measured from the bare studs. My questions is can I install replacement windows into a Rough opening without the nail flange and how best way to seal the window

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cathyyg

Here ia a link to instructions on how to install a window. Since you are installing a non-mobile home window into a rough opening the instructions for a stick built house apply, especially the parts about sealing it to prevent water infiltration.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to install a window

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 4:48PM
deb_pa

We have replaced about 1/2 our windows and luckily the local window/siding/door shop near us had flange type windows we could order. Ordering special windows cost about $30 more per window but it was worth it. I order two windows, pay 1/2 at that time - two weeks later pick them up and pay the balance. Planning on getting the last 1/2 this summer. Maybe you can look around and find a place that sells the ones with the flange on. Good Luck.

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 2:33AM
miclelee12

I have been doing replacement windows for many yrs. When i seen your "spray in foam" part the following. Enjoy the idea! Expanding foam upon virtually any wooden support frames or even plastic windows/doors is actually poor. It may seem very good in the meantime, nevertheless with time your stress in the expanding foam will certainly go virtually any shape, regardless of the amount of skews/nails are usually having the idea in.

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 5:51AM
More Discussions
Just bought double wide office trailer
Greetings All, I just bought a doublewide office trailer...
RobGT90
Looking for advice, might be buying manufactured/modular
Hi! My husband and I will be looking at this house...
Turner58800
Good or bad brands Manufactured homes
I am near the point of purchasing a manufactured home...
jackofalltrades_1956
Four Seasons Manfacturered Housing
I am looking for information on Four Seasons Manufacturered...
Linda928
looking for company that builds modern mobile home for 100$ per sq/ft
would like to build a modern mobile home, around 1300...
golfgo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™