Excessive static electricity in Marlette Homes

Redmini47170January 17, 2013

I am posting this question for a friend who has a month old Marlette Home and is experiencing excessive static electricity. She has had an electrician check the house, has gotten a humidifier. Marlette sent someone to check the problem and so far there are no answers. She wears leather soled shoes on the linoleum floor. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you fix it? She hopes the problem will lessen over time, but if not intends to send it back before the end of the warranty period. She is otherwise very happy with it but cannot live with constantly being shocked.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wantoretire_did

Does she live in a cold climate, have synthetic carpeting/rugs? We have a 2002 Marlette and right now with low humidity I get some shocks. The humidifier runs 24/7 but can't keep up with the dry air as the furnace is running a lot during this deep freeze in the northeast.

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 4:29AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

She hopes the problem will lessen over time, but if not intends to send it back before the end of the warranty period.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that for her. I'd suggest (if she isn't already) she monitor the humidity throughout the home, with a couple of different humidity monitors, since they may, or may not be exactly accurate.

They aren't very expensive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monitors at Amazon

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 8:47AM
bulldinkie

You need some moisture too dry in your home,
I put a full tea kettle on stove just let it simmer till dry occasionally when thers static

Bookmark   February 24, 2013 at 9:15AM
More Discussions
Just bought double wide office trailer
Greetings All, I just bought a doublewide office trailer...
RobGT90
Heat Pumps
Is your New manufactured home Energy Star certified...
PVHIII
Looking for advice, might be buying manufactured/modular
Hi! My husband and I will be looking at this house...
Turner58800
price over factory invoice in Calif.
Any info on approximate price should pay over the factory...
peggy1595
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
twosonsmama
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™