mobile home, pay rent on property?

depsJanuary 26, 2006

Having found this site, I sure hope I can find some answers here. I live in New Jersey in a mobile Park, 55+.

I own the home but rent the land it sits on. It might be called something other than what I stated above but i think you all understand. My house sits on blocks which sit on a concrete border under and around the home. Here is the tricky question. i was told I am paying rent for that pad.

the pad is now cracking and broken in my back corner and the house is starting to sloop. the skirting is starting to bend outwards. I went to the park manager and he said that it is my respons. I stated that if I moved my home, do I take a cement pad with me? no I don't, you bring in another home and set it on the pad. They just did this a year ago, one block over. People moved their home and another was boughtin and put there on that pad. Has anyone ever run into this? I'm at a loss but feel if the park owners use the pads to place other homes on it, would it not be their pad, therefore responsible for repairs. Ok folks, all replys are sure welcome

Thank you all very much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bydesignprez

I would look at your lease agreement.

If it is your responsibility, can't you adjust the number of blocks that corder sits on?

Bookmark   January 26, 2006 at 4:59PM
deps

There is nothing in the lease pertaining to the pad, interesting isn't it?

Bookmark   January 27, 2006 at 8:28AM
lizql

In my aea, once the health department gets involved, the park owner finds out they do have to take care of things they didn't want to early on. Call your local health department and ask for an inspection if that falls under their department. If not the health department I'm sure they can direct you to the proper official.

Bookmark   January 28, 2006 at 2:23PM
earthworm

Not only must the man who accepts the rent money be responsibility for the pad condition, but he should pay for any repairs of the home on the defective pad .

Threaten to sue for damages, and "mental anguish"..

Bookmark   January 29, 2006 at 9:12PM
joannla

Contact these people to find out your legal rights in Nj,all states are diff,but having lived in Nj in the past I know that it is very pro-tenant on most issues.

Manufactured Home Owners Association of New Jersey, Inc.
P.O. Box 482
Toms River, NJ 08755
(732) 370-4710

Bookmark   January 30, 2006 at 1:02AM
tomcat-2007

THE STATE LAW IN NEW JERSEY ABOUT INCREASES IN SECURITY DEPOSITS SAYS A LANDLORD CAN ONLY RAISE YOUR DEPOSIT ONCE A YEAR NO MORE THEN 10% ON CURRENT DEPOSIT. I'VE LIVED IN THIS MOBILE HOME PARK FOR 43 YRS. THIS IS MY SECOND MOBILE HOME HERE. MY CURRENT DEPOSIT IS ONLY $90 HE WANTS TO RAISE IT $364.00 more. IF MY CURRENT DEPOSIT IS $90 10% IS $9 AM I RIGHT?

Bookmark   September 10, 2007 at 7:05AM
More Discussions
Grouted Vinyl Tile & moving Mobile Home
I have recently purchased an older mobile home. It...
twosonsmama
Four Seasons Manfacturered Housing
I am looking for information on Four Seasons Manufacturered...
Linda928
Just bought double wide office trailer
Greetings All, I just bought a doublewide office trailer...
RobGT90
Marlett 1997
I have a Marlett as a rental in Idaho. I haven't had...
cocolallakids
Looking for advice, might be buying manufactured/modular
Hi! My husband and I will be looking at this house...
Turner58800
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™