damage caused by falling tree

capo1966January 8, 2009

The lease in this park stipulates that any tree, shrub or bush planted by homne owners become the property of the park owner and may not be removed when leaving the community. However, there are a number of large trees in common areas that are close enough to homes that they could cause damage if they fall (one just missed my house last week when it fell in high winds). Even if these trees weren't in common areas, the owner of the park has stipulated in the lease that all trees are his property. However, he has also said that the care of trees in the park are the responsibility of home owners - that includes removal, trimming, etc. Does anyone know what New Jersey law says on this subject. If a tree were to damage my home could the park owner be held liable?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rks-d

capo1966,
Unfortunately I cannot answer your question. But fyi, this forum is not very active, you would probably have better luck going to the mobilehomerepair.com, the site owner also runs a mobile home park. The forum is very active and I would assume you would get some answers there! Good luck!

Bookmark   January 9, 2009 at 11:49AM
More Discussions
Considering an older (1972) mobile home - what do I need to know?
Hi all, I'm just beginning to look for a nice little...
cmayomh
Insulating an older Mobile home
HI, Im new to the forum. Glad to meet you all and really...
txchick
Super scared! Modular vs manufactured? Bad reviews?
We are searching for land in Ruidoso, city lot, small...
nurseypoo5
price over factory invoice in Calif.
Any info on approximate price should pay over the factory...
peggy1595
Marlett 1997
I have a Marlett as a rental in Idaho. I haven't had...
cocolallakids
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™