Moving an older mobile home

kelly_patJanuary 14, 2009

Last year my husband and I purchased a 24 x 80 1972 double-wide that has been in the same location since it was originally set up. I would like to turn it 180 degrees so that the front will face where one end faces now. My husband is afraid it would tear it up to move it.

Has anyone ever moved a mobile home this old? Have you ever relocated on the same lot? Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

Local regulations may control your plans. In my area, a mobile home built prior to July 1976 may not be moved and then again used as a residence. Consult a mobile home transporter about the technical aspects and cost of moving.

Bookmark   January 16, 2009 at 11:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nod702

Like bus-driver said, depends on local codes. That being said, it can be done, but take into consideration it will basically have to be dis assembled. For example the electrical,sewage,marriage seam, including the roof cap, foundation, porches steps etc.. It would probably be to your benifit to get several bids from reputable mobile home movers. Also, depending on your location take into consideration the cost of permits and re-inspection.

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 5:46AM
More Discussions
Do You Love Your Mobile Home?
Hi there. I have read the posts on this forum with...
frenchkitty
"bathrooms stink" in 2007 deer valley dw manufactured home
We purchased a 2007 Deer Valley double wide used 2...
pinkbumblebee
Selling Older Manufactured Home/Financing
Hello everybody, I am new here. Been reading alot....
knappyvw
Four Seasons Manfacturered Housing
I am looking for information on Four Seasons Manufacturered...
Linda928
price over factory invoice in Calif.
Any info on approximate price should pay over the factory...
peggy1595
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™