leftover chocolate ganache

magilla71August 23, 2014

I want to make a chocolate swirl cheesecake and have leftover ganache. I was going to mix it with some of the cheesecake batter to make the swirl. I'm concerned the texture won't be right because of the cream in the ganache. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

somehow leftover ganache is an oxymoron in my house. There is no leftover...it gets consumed immediately! Yum!

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 8:59AM
plllog

Magilla,

I echo your concerns. I've been thinking about this since you posted and was waiting to see if someone had a better idea, because I don't make enough cheesecakes to know for sure. There are some recipes that call for cream. Perhaps you could use or adapt one of them? I'm thinking, however, that it might work better to swirl in the ganache, like a ribbon of sauce in fudge ripple ice cream, rather than mixing it it with the batter. Just don't stir too much! Or maybe do a layer a batter, a layer of ganache, toothpick drawn through to make marbling, then another couple of layers, for a total of 3-4 layers. Then there would be chocolate all through, but restrained.

Perhaps the better thing to do would be to make a chocolate chip cheesecake, and use the ganache to top it?

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 5:46PM
Annie Deighnaugh

Make regular cheesecake then use the ganache like a soft topping...can add strawberries or raspberries it even orange slices...

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 7:35PM
More Discussions
Does this Nutella frosting on my cake need to be refrigerated?
I finally found a Nutella frosting recipe that I really...
sooz
Big Weekend Ahead
Hi everyone, I'll be making Crab Stuffed Mushrooms...
moonwolf_gw
Not your average refrig contents....
Tartine bakery is one of the local San Francisco icons:...
jakkom
Another Record: $4.235 Per Pound for Ground Beef
I read this headline in a recent cnsnews.com article....
grainlady_ks
Aeropress coffee-science question for coffee weenies
I got an Aeropress today. Just made my first cup of...
l pinkmountain
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™