Number of pendant light(s) over kitchen sink help

nschuttDecember 3, 2011

I have a question about the number of pendant lights over a kitchen sink. We're in the midst of redoing our kitchen. We are going with a 30" single bowl sink. Behind the sink is a tall 33" wide single window with an arched top in a bumpout that extends the soon-to-be-installed granite countertop depth 20" behind the sink to the window. We are going to replace the old faucet with one of those tall pre-rinse spring jobs when the new countertops go in.

Currently I have only recessed can lighting in the kitchen including two cans over the sink. We were thinking of replacing the two oversink cans with a mini pendant (or two). Would it look OK to do two pendants or should I patch the two holes and do one pendant? We are also planning to add three pendants over a section of countertop that wraps around and separates the kitchen from the breakfast area as well as living area. All the pendants will be seen at the same time.

One or two over the sink (three and one or three and two)? Anyone out there with pics of a single kitchen window over the sink with two pendants?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

Two lights avoids sharp shadows.

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 7:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gwnovice

If you have screw in recessed can fixtures and want to visualize the mini pendants without doing the can tearout first--you can pick up a couple of recessed can/mini pendant light conversion kits--Lowes carries a couple (nickel Model #: MPA-1PNK or antique bronze [Model #: MPA-1JBZ]) with no bulb or shade that screws into the existing edison socket, has a decorative base that covers the recessed can. You can play with different light shades as well. We did this for our remodel, and never bothered to do the formal can tearout. I think there may be other conversion kits at Lowes, but the cover and the shade did not match our kitchen.

Hope this helps.

Bookmark   December 19, 2011 at 12:05AM
More Discussions
Need help identifying chandelier
Hello, I recently saw a chandelier that I really liked,...
Sgreen
Legacy Debut Kitchen Cabinet -designer construction
Hi, Does anyone have any feedback on this cabinet...
Lisa Smith
Retrofitting off-sized recessed lighting with LEDs-Help?
We are renovating our just-purchased apartment and...
lindy74
how many lamps in a bathroom heat lamp?
Bathroom is about 140sq5 ft. What do you'll think?...
growingadvice
My stairwell will be my photography gallery
I am going hang my photographs almost all the way to...
Gary Conrad
Sponsored Products
Graywash Studio Day Sofa
Cost Plus World Market
Camelot Wall Sconce by LBL Lighting
$316.00 | Lumens
Harlow Nickel with Slate Grey Fabric Shade 2-light Vanity Fixture
Overstock.com
Chain Reaction Giclee Brushed Nickel Garth Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Elk Lighting 502-6YW 6 Light Pendant in Satin Nickel & Yellow Blaze Glass
Beyond Stores