Sears Detergent Deeply Discounted Today

sr712December 6, 2013

At least at my local Sears, all powdered HE detergents were greatly reduced. The Oxy was 50% off. $10 off each of the others. I did not see this online, as I check often, but thought I'd take a chance and see. I stocked up. Don't see the Oxy on sale much.

The salesperson said the sale was up tomorrow. These have been my fav detergents since we got our FL machines 7 years ago.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CharterOps

They're on sale everywhere because Sears is phasing out their laundry products! :-( There are only 2 stores in my area and I use the orange and green box and one store had 1 box left and the other had 5.

This was brought up in the Automatic Washer forum. Sad that one of the best detergents I've used is going away.

Bookmark   December 7, 2013 at 2:12PM
housefairy

Oh Charter, I hate to hear that they are not going to be making that detergent. I've been using it for years. Bummer.

Bookmark   December 7, 2013 at 4:23PM
lee676

my local Sears had the big orange boxes at a modest discount, $3 off the regular price of $24 or so. Not a big enough savings to make me buy one (my last box was half price). Surprised of the discontinuance since it seemed to sell well. It was easy to find, cheap, and worked well - been using it for the last decade. Anyone knows who manufacturered it? Sears doesn't make their own stuff.

Bookmark   December 8, 2013 at 11:40AM
CharterOps

I read about the discontinuation in the Automatic Washer.org forum; however, someone else stated that they were just getting rid of old stock and starting a new "design?" or something like that.

When I looked at Sears website for my area yesterday, there was a different looking box that did 180 loads, it was orange and green and looked similar to the "Advanced" box but just a little different. This was not there Friday and just appeared yesterday, so I don't know what the true deal is. I'm only stating what I read in the other forum and what others were talking about.

I do hope that it is just a change of design and they will keep selling it.

...and don't ya know it's so hard to find out who actually makes it and what's actually in it. Last I read, someone said it was made by DeSoto but I definitely have never found an MSDS for it. I thought all chemical products like detergents had to have an MSDS.

Bookmark   December 8, 2013 at 1:34PM
More Discussions
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
i just want somebody to fix my speed queen!!!!!!
So the timer has been acting up on my AWN542 for a...
beaglenc
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™