Dimmer & Housing for Cree LR6

gwnoviceNovember 17, 2011

Finally getting around to installing more lights in our dark family room. I will be installing 6 Cree LR6s with the GR24 fitting. I am hoping to use the Halo H750RICAT housings (cheaper than the H7RICT that I used for the kitchen since there is no edison socket or adjustable metal disc inside). Not too sure if the output will be too overwhelming--if so I would like to install a dimmer that matches the existing ceiling fan/light controller.

Two questions-- (1) Does anyone know has used the Lutron Maestro MA-600MR-WH dimmer successfully with the LR6s? (2) Does anyone see any problem using the H750RICAT housings with the LR6s?

Thank you in advance!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

I'm not sure about the Maestro dimmer. I think the ELV version will work better. You can contact Cree

You will need to use the GU24 adapter supplied with the LR6. I used the H750ICAT which is the new construction version.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cree Lighting dimmer link

Bookmark   November 18, 2011 at 12:26AM
gwnovice

Davidtay--

Thank you for letting me know about your successful experience with the H750ICAT--looks like the dimensions of the can portion of the new construction and remodel versions are identical.

I found the specs for the MA-600 embedded in the Lutron website--http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/Spec%20Guide%20Volume%201%20with%20Addendums.pdf It appears that the specs are similar to the MRF2-6ND which is listed as LR6 compatible on the Cree website.

Will see how this works.

Thank you again! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Bookmark   November 18, 2011 at 12:44PM
gwnovice

Just some followup--the Lutron Maestro MA-600MR-WH is working well with the LR6s.

The Halo H750RICAT 6 inch housings worked perfectly--I just snipped off the orange Halo plugs and spliced in the GU24 adapter--AND the H750RICAT is $4-5 cheaper than the equivalent Edison socket Halo insulation contact airtight can!

Again, thank you Davidtay!

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 12:10AM
More Discussions
What should be dimmable in my kitchen?
We are doing a kitchen renovation, and like most new...
progressnerd
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
sch9171
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
Michelle
Has Anything Changed In Recessed LCD Lighting Since 2012?!?
GW, Hello everyone! Just wanted to say that this is...
AndrewDK
Pixi Lighting
Has anyone used the pixi lighting yet? It seems like...
stlblufan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™