frigidaire warranty

besthandymanDecember 31, 2013

Hello,
I have a Frigidaire front load washer model FWT449GS1 that requires a new spider behind the drum. The spider drum assembly is under warranty for 24 years. Frigidaire will not give me a delivery date. Local appliance dealers say they have been waiting 2 months for these parts. Can
any members suggest any recourse? Spending a lot at the laundry-mat.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
housefairy

I have a maytag French door refrigerator that shorted out the circuit board, blackening the board, and causing the fridge to quit. Luckily it didn't catch the house on fire. Unfortunately it was less than a week past it's one year anniversary. Whirlpool basically wanted me to wait a week before anyone could even come out to look at it. No, I wasn't going to live out of a cooler for a week. So I called around and found someone who came out that day and got it back running. What was irritating was he punched the control buttons in a specific order and at least got the thing running. Why couldn't customer service instructed me to try that until a tech could come out and look at the thing? I then paid to have a new part shipped ASAP and within a few days everything was fixed. Whirlpool would not pay for anything, even when I had the blackened part and was only wanting them to pay for the actual part. So I haven't bought a whirlpool product since that time. Since then I've bought 2 sets of washer/dryers, oven, microwave hood, and a dishwasher. Also, I have directed my Mother to other brands. The rude customer service has cost a lot more than the $75 part.

Anyway just saying the quickest fix won't be the cheapest. There is no way I would go that long without a washer. Either I would buy a new one and let them eventually fix the old and then sell it. Or just junk it, buy a new and move on.

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 2:38PM
More Discussions
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Blinded by the technology and shiny bits
A couple of weeks ago my 20 yr old 22lb Admiral dryer...
mmmm12
Favorite detergents again, please.
What are your favorite detergents (specify liquid or...
isherwood777
Fisher+Paykel Eco Intuitive not working properly
Hello, I hope someone out there can help me! I have...
varietypack
My LG FL is pilling my clothes
I have looked up every resource I know to help me with...
jessvb7
Sponsored Products
Rivendell New Antique Silver Two-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Wall Sconce, 1
Bellacor
Thermocast Kitchen Hartford Drop-in Acrylic 33x22x9 3-Hole Double Bowl Kitchen
Home Depot
Simple Chenille Green Rectangle: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rectangle Rug
$479.00 | Bellacor
Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 13.75 in. Panini Pan and Press - 1877038
$54.99 | Hayneedle
Alvin Titan Walnut Finish Drafting-Drawing Table - WOB42-WA
$560.00 | Hayneedle
Frezno Antique Pewter Three Light Ceiling Fan
$219.30 | Bellacor
Hydro Systems Jetted Bathtubs Lancing 5 ft. Air Bath Tub in White LAN6042ATAW