Electrolux Washer Door Rattle

irkemaroDecember 2, 2011

We just had a new Electrolux IQ Washer installed. The store reversed the door for us before delivery. We just finished running a normal cycle (with no changes to the factory presets). Do any of you have a rattle during the spin cycle at the door latch? We found that if we pressed with slight pressure at that point, the rattle disappeared. Is there any adjustment that can be made? Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fastonetime

Hi there, i am looking into buying the wave touch. How is the spin cycle, does the washer vibrate alot? Maybe call service out and see if the door can be tighter against the seal.

Bookmark   December 2, 2011 at 7:35PM
irkemaro

Fastonetime, We've only washed 3 loads since Friday. There is definitely vibration as the spin speed changes, but once it is at speed, there is very little vibration (especially compared to our old washer). I hope this is normal!

I'm still hoping that current Electrolux owners will weigh in on whether or not they can hear a rattle at the door during their spin cycles.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 9:31AM
georgect

@shel1776...
I don't own an Electrolux (but it's my #1 choice when I need to replace my current TL).

No, the door should not rattle. Sounds like something wasn't done correctly when they reversed the door. It seems like the door isn't being pulled in tight enough and there is some play and therefore rattles on spin.
Call the store and ask to speak the manager and explain your issue. It should be pretty easy to make a tightening.

Let us know how you make out.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 10:41AM
larsi_gw

I had the Wave Touch...and there was ZERO rattle, even on Max Spin. I did not like the washer or dryer, but I will give credit, where credit is due. You could have put several crystal glasses on top of the washer during spin...it was SO quiet and balanced!!!

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 9:36AM
irkemaro

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've put in a call to the store. I hope it will be an easy fix.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 10:46AM
silvercanadian

I've got the Wave-Touch. The door does not rattle and it is VERY solid when spinning and my laundry room is on the main floor. I use the max spin speed on several loads per week and the machine has never changed it's clearance distance from the cabinet on the left and dryer on the right.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 3:20PM
bonesoda

Any update on door rattle? I discovered the door rattle on high speed rinse as well.

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 4:07PM
irkemaro

Jmith, When we called the repair people, they came and said that the rattle was within the realm of normal. I have to admit that we don't notice it anymore.

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 7:00PM
bonesoda

@shell1776: I had a feeling as i took apart the latch assembly and it looks like they have purposely made the latch to have a good amount of play 1/4" or so... i will "modify" the latch and report back re: rattle.

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 7:08PM
bonesoda

So i spent most of the evening doing laundry and i think i have solved the door rattle problem.

The felt tape i have is a bit too wide and it doesnt stick very well to itself so i ended up using electricians tape and just put 3 layers on the inside of the latch (the gap and towards the door side) Don't wrap it around just on the inside. Cut a piece about 1/8" or smaller to wrap.

Seems to have solved the door rattle problem, door is a bit firm to open. If you decide to do this you will have to play with the amount of layers for the electricians tape, i am assuming different machines have different amount of play... i also have the door reversed as i have the dryer on the left and washer on the right.

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 1:05AM
fastonetime

Hi there, i have a 70's series and my door doesnt rattle at all!

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 9:58PM
bonesoda

@fastonetime:

it usually rattles only on the final max spin which is super fast!

are your doors open on the default side or you switched them?

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 11:13PM
fastonetime

Hi there. My dooor is default, I never switched it. I just put my washer on a pedestal and did a few loads and the door rattled during the jeans cycle. It never rattled off the pedestal. Doesn't bother me as the washer is in the garage!

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 1:22AM
More Discussions
Good sheet set, stand up to laundering...
Hi all: I placed this post in the laundry forum because...
CharterOps
New Front Load Speed Queens
Hi everyone, we are replacing our old GE's- adding...
remodnana
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Ok to only use cold water hookup on washing machine?
Hello, My washing machine is in a location with only...
jmoscone
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Sponsored Products
Electrolux Stainless Over-the-Range Microwave
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™